Dejavu

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR
Country flag
I know it's a little too early to talk about 2021 but I can't stop wondering if the sport model will ever come to NA.

Also here are some of the changes/improvements that in my opinion can be moderately easy to obtain for 2021 models:
- A better infotainment (like those in new accords,odyssey)
- Optional 18/19 inch wheels,
- Blind spot and rear traffic monitor (already in EU GT)
- Cheaper or less ADMs on Boost Blue
- TPMS

Here are a little far fetch changes that I would like to see (also taken from many complaints from owners)
- Better stock exhaust sound
- Better paint
- Better stock speakers
Sponsored

mbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I would not count on the Type R being produced once all the 2021 Limited Edition models are out. Swindon is shutting down next year, and the civic is due for a new model soon. The 2021 LE appears to be the send off for Swindon. I just don’t think a 2021 is in the play books from Honda that isn’t a LE

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
Go back to the 2017 threads about people asking for these same things and should they wait. They still haven’t come so either buy the car or buy something else.

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
Country flag
What you want will arrive for the next generation....of their is one. If you want it and you can, buy your type R now. YOLO! HAHHAHA

Tev42

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Buy now. It won't lose a ton of value and there might not be another Type-R model in the states for 20 years :drive:

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
We don't know the future guys, but its a good point we don't know what is beyond 2021

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
I know it's a little too early to talk about 2021 but I can't stop wondering if the sport model will ever come to NA.

Also here are some of the changes/improvements that in my opinion can be moderately easy to obtain for 2021 models:
- A better infotainment (like those in new accords,odyssey)
- Optional 18/19 inch wheels,
- Blind spot and rear traffic monitor (already in EU GT)
- Cheaper or less ADMs on Boost Blue
- TPMS

Here are a little far fetch changes that I would like to see (also taken from many complaints from owners)
- Better stock exhaust sound
- Better paint
- Better stock speakers
- Infotainment will likely be the same as 19+
- No indication the US is getting the Sportline, so only 20" factory wheels here
- Blind spot will be in 2020
- I have a feeling the current world situation will help with this, but it's likely location dependent.
- ???? We have TPMS now.

Rottboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 BB CType R; ''17 Alfa Romeo 4C Coupe; 15 Honda Fit LX Manual; '14 MB G550;
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would not count on the Type R being produced once all the 2021 Limited Edition models are out. Swindon is shutting down next year, and the civic is due for a new model soon. The 2021 LE appears to be the send off for Swindon..........
Totally agree! But then, there are those who are willing to throw the dice in the hopes for a 2022 CTR. Doubtful, but It may happen. Surely, it won't be out of the Swindon UK plant. Honda is intent on shutting it down.
That said, the GM at my dealership advised me after a meeting with Honda Canada last Feb. the FK8 may be last Civic Type R for our shores, at least.

Neciovato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 370z Nismo
Country flag
I feel that considering most dealerships are selling these cars at ADM or ‘added accessories’ on top of the MSRP - I think this car will be around after 2021. I don’t see why closing out a plant (that seems to have been in the works for awhile) will make this car go away. Now if the sales were dismal - that would be a different story but this doesn’t seem to be the case with the CTR. Regardless if you are going to wait for them to build out the ‘perfect CTR’ - you’ll be waiting a long time - if you find a good/great deal to you - I say the pull the trigger. Good luck with your search.

OP
OP
Dejavu

Dejavu

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR
Country flag
Why wait for the 2021 when the 2022 will be newer.

No wait. In that case let’s wait for the 2023 because...

No but, the 2024 will certainly be better. So I better wait for that one.
You can wait forever but newer is not always the better. There are speculations that the next gen CTR will be hybrid and might not come with manual.
Sponsored