Reaction score
Website
www.mithgarthr.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Happy Saturday, folks!

So a few weeks back I had a resonator delete done. Sounded nice, but just wasn't enough. So, going off of a post by @werdna, I bought a Vibrant 1040 muffler to replace the factory bits. I had it installed yesterday, and I think it sounds freaking awesome!! It's not raspy/fart-can-y, has a nice deep rumble to the note, isn't obnoxious when driving like a grown up, and growls really damn nice when I lay on it. :)

Some pics:
Honda Civic 10th gen Vibrant 1040 Muffler + resonator delete 20180427_171000
Honda Civic 10th gen Vibrant 1040 Muffler + resonator delete 20180427_170924
Honda Civic 10th gen Vibrant 1040 Muffler + resonator delete 20180427_170951
Honda Civic 10th gen Vibrant 1040 Muffler + resonator delete 20180427_170945

And some video (please disregard the idiot in a riced-out 6th gen LX towards the end...):

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
Was considering a Vibrant muffler. Sounds solid, curious what it would sound like with their Ultra Quiet resonator....I'm definitely gonna need both when I remove the cat.

OP
OP
odinist

odinist

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mithgarthr.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I *may* end up adding the stock resonator back. If I do, I'll be sure and post a vid.

However, even without it, this is just not idiot-loud at all. Believe me - I'm almost 40, have kids, and live in a quiet "good" neighborhood. If this was obnoxious, I would have gone right back and had the resonator put back on.

I think you'l be good, dude. :)

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
To be honest it's the first setup I haven't absolutely hated, so bravo. lol

I'm just really worried about the cat-delete drone I'm soon to be facing.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey man, I really like this set up. The stock piping has proven to be good enough flow. I currently have a resonator delete. I am in the same boat, late 30's, kids, and quiet neighborhood. I don't want anything loud, but something slightly louder than what I have. Has it gotten any louder as it has broken in? Overall, how much louder is it than just a resonator delete?

OP
OP
odinist

odinist

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mithgarthr.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey man, I really like this set up. The stock piping has proven to be good enough flow. I currently have a resonator delete. I am in the same boat, late 30's, kids, and quiet neighborhood. I don't want anything loud, but something slightly louder than what I have. Has it gotten any louder as it has broken in? Overall, how much louder is it than just a resonator delete?
It's gotten slightly deeper, but it's still not obnoxious.

It is *definitely* louder than just a resonator delete, but not near as loud as a muffler delete (and without the harsh note muffler deletes have).

ek5.56

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
sounds real good! Not a fan of the dual center tips but if it sounds right, I wouldnt rule it out for my si. Is it just me or do the tips look crooked in the first couple pictures?

OP
OP
odinist

odinist

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mithgarthr.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They totally do look crooked, depending on what angle you're looking at them from. I think it's the lines of the car playing an optical illusion, though. When it was getting welded up, they used a level and such to make sure it was lined up correctly.

ek5.56

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
They totally do look crooked, depending on what angle you're looking at them from. I think it's the lines of the car playing an optical illusion, though. When it was getting welded up, they used a level and such to make sure it was lined up correctly.
The pictures were probably taken slightly off center. Not enough to tell you're not looking at the car straight on which causes the tips to look off. Well at least its not true! I'd be pissed if it was lol. When I get around to dropping the money on an exhaust, I might see about welding the stock tip on in place of whatever dual tip it comes with. I like it better than most aftermarket tips. Unless its a triple tip... those look good.

OP
OP
odinist

odinist

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mithgarthr.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si (LSM)*SOLD* & 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T (SNP)
Country flag
Awesome! I was just wondering about these mufflers on our cars. Glad I saw this pop up!

Used a lot of these but in black for our turbo builds back in the day and they always sounded great and not ricey a bit!
We always came back to them....cheap, free flowing, sounded great & looks like a normal muffler!

Appreciate doing it first, sounds good! A lot cheaper than some of these aftermarket options, some are crazy high priced.

What do you have all in with labor for the muffler, if you don't mind me asking?

OP
OP
odinist

odinist

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mithgarthr.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Appreciate doing it first, sounds good! A lot cheaper than some of these aftermarket options, some are crazy high priced.

What do you have all in with labor for the muffler, if you don't mind me asking?
Thanks!

Started with just a resonator delete, which was $80. Decided on the muffler a couple of weeks later. Spent $150 on the muffler, and another $80 having it installed.

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si (LSM)*SOLD* & 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T (SNP)
Country flag
Thanks!

Started with just a resonator delete, which was $80. Decided on the muffler a couple of weeks later. Spent $150 on the muffler, and another $80 having it installed.
Awesome, thanks for the info! Money well spent!

Si_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Coupe