Si Vibrant 1040 Muffler + resonator delete

ByeVTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si
Country flag
I *may* end up adding the stock resonator back. If I do, I'll be sure and post a vid.

However, even without it, this is just not idiot-loud at all. Believe me - I'm almost 40, have kids, and live in a quiet "good" neighborhood. If this was obnoxious, I would have gone right back and had the resonator put back on.

I think you'l be good, dude. :)
What’s the drone like cruising on the highway? I just ordered this muffler, and am now debating if I want to do the resonator delete as well. Just worried since I usually have a 1-2 hr highway commute to work...

This has been one of my favorite sounds btw!
Sponsored

OP
OP
odinist

odinist

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mithgarthr.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What’s the drone like cruising on the highway? I just ordered this muffler, and am now debating if I want to do the resonator delete as well. Just worried since I usually have a 1-2 hr highway commute to work...

Non-existent.

tehSteve

GrayBeard McGootch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
I'm looking at the 1040 too.
Any clips of it with stock resonator on?

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm looking at the 1040 too.
Any clips of it with stock resonator on?
The resonator delete doesn’t make it all that loud with the stock mufflers. Just a little more growl. I did a before and after with the muffler change. Already had the resonator delete.

Annexed

First Name
Austen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
The resonator delete doesn’t make it all that loud with the stock mufflers. Just a little more growl. I did a before and after with the muffler change. Already had the resonator delete.

I'm interested in this video, are you able to put it back up?

Nedmind

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Sedan
Country flag
Happy Saturday, folks!

So a few weeks back I had a resonator delete done. Sounded nice, but just wasn't enough. So, going off of a post by @werdna, I bought a Vibrant 1040 muffler to replace the factory bits. I had it installed yesterday, and I think it sounds freaking awesome!! It's not raspy/fart-can-y, has a nice deep rumble to the note, isn't obnoxious when driving like a grown up, and growls really damn nice when I lay on it. :)

Some pics:
20180427_171000.jpg
20180427_170924.jpg
20180427_170951.jpg
20180427_170945.jpg

And some video (please disregard the idiot in a riced-out 6th gen LX towards the end...):
Did you end up with the same whining issue above 5k others have reported?

2020MSMcivicSI

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag

I have the vibrant resonator and full turbo back but there really is no drone at all until > 4k but at that point I think it is more of just exhaust sound than drone.

Like others have posted here... I'm in the same boat being mid 30s and didn't want anything loud to bother the neighbors or cops.

I posted cold start video in and out of the car and the sound of my commute home from inside the car so you can really get an idea of what it sounds while driving. (My videos do suck, but the sound is good lol)

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/quietest-performance-turbo-back-exhaust.52851/post-890048

OP
OP
odinist

odinist

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mithgarthr.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you end up with the same whining issue above 5k others have reported?
Yup.

To be honest though, after this time it's kinda grown on me. I'd be lying if I said I didn't kinda dig it.
Sponsored

Last edited: