Upgraded Honda or Acura ?

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Acuras are great cars, and are definitely more unique than Hondas due to the smaller number of them on the road. But you definitely pay a premium for the extra features. I'd imagine the margins on Acura are much higher than Hondas. If you like all the extras, and don't mind paying for them, then go for it. In the end, it should be about being happy with your purchase. I know I paid a premium for the Civic Touring, and I absolutely love it ... zero regrets.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Swordfish

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Saw an Acura ILX today. Looks like it's the same MSRP as the Civic Touring.....Looks good but I still think I'd pick up the Touring over the ILX.

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Saw an Acura ILX today. Looks like it's the same MSRP as the Civic Touring.....Looks good but I still think I'd pick up the Touring over the ILX.
Agree. Much more bang for the buck ... the Touring is pretty loaded.

OP
OP
Swordfish

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I actually like the Civic infotainment despite it's bugginess. For the price I'd rather have the Touring esp with the features inside vs the ILX. I think the Touring as a better interior:

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/acura/ilx/interior

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/honda/civic/2017/
Thanks for the links. The ILX has 2 screens, but I'm quite happy with cleaner look of the 1 screen in the Civic. And I prefer the instrument cluster in the Civic - the odometer/speedometer are in the centre. My pet peeve is when they have 2 dials like the ILX. Depending on how I hold the steering wheel, my hands always seem to obstruct my view of the dial(s).

tsupersonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '17 Forester XT
Country flag
The ILX is just a nicer Civic. Acura needs to release the next generation of ILX based off the new Civic...I'd still get the Civic over the ILX even if they were both on the same platform/generations. I'd only consider the TLX or RDX from the Acura lineup.

OP
OP
Swordfish

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
I have the EX, but I'd have no problem paying more for the higher trim versions of the Civic. The 2 things I was not keen on having though was the leather interior and turbo. The leather can get hot here in the summer and the leather inevitably winds up cracking after awhile. My previous car had leather interior and it eventually started splitting and cracking just due to use. Also the turbo itself isn't an issue, but it will have to be maintained at some point due to the high rpms, maybe after 100k miles. I'd rather forgo the turbo and not worry about the maintenance issue.

If the Touring were sold in non-turbo, black cloth interior, I'd have easily bought that without question. The rims and LED headlights in particular are pretty nice.

I'm not sure if the Touring headlights can be put in an EX (i'm sure they can), so that's always an option if I wanted. Also just swap the rims.

OP
OP
Swordfish

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Nevermind. Looks like the touring headlights cant be swapped. Will just roll with my LEDs instead.
Yeah generally you have to just get it all if you want it. Same thing happened when I looked at Mazda 3s, didn't like their trim combos. The EX best fit what I needed. Just threw in aftermarket LEDs. Probably just pass on the Touring rims since I'd have to sell my own. Overall still happy with the Civic except the jerky transmission.
Sponsored