RickyJeezus

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Buddy of mine just sold his 21 CBP with 2500 miles to a dealer for $49k….this was a couple weeks ago. He had an offer from Carmax for $44,700 which he was about to take and I told him to shop it. He only took it to the dealer where he bought it from, they started at $45,500 but I told him not to take it, he told them he wanted $50k for it. After some whining and pondering, management said they can offer $49k and of course he jumped on it.
Sponsored

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
The guy clearly hasn’t driven one. I had the same mind set previously but I’m a believer for sure now.
Yeah exactly. I drove a Type R as a 'there is no way this car is that good people have to be full of it' - then I drove a used 2017 and was like oh shit. This car is really....really good.

Now I'm like it's most annoying cheerleader.

Those that haven't physically driven a Type R always have the 'it's not this or that' bs going on. I bet any amount of money ALL of that tune would change if they got a proper test drive in.

It may say 'Civic' but saying 'it's just a Civic' is kinda stupid and really a disservice to a car engineered with so much attention to the driving experience and flat out winning. This thing beats some SERIOUS cars around the track, generally with a 100hp disadvantage.

'Just a Civic' indeed lol. Bet most realize that when they have time to read it because they're in last place through a turn enjoying my hideous Voltron car ass in all it's glory.

typearghhhh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
You think 50k is too much? Look at this!!!
I got my car back in September last year for MSRP, long story short the dealer messed and forgot to put any add ons on markups for I got it for $37k with 8 miles, they quoted me $50k at the time, took me about 2 years to finally get one and it was all by accident there would of been no way for me to get if that dealer didn’t mess up
E7F2DC1F-7308-480F-A1B3-51D28E102533.jpeg
and some idiot will still buy it

FK8CW2019

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
there something about FK8 styling and first to come to USA for me. Anyways until I can acquire GT3RS Im keeping it lol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Buddy of mine just sold his 21 CBP with 2500 miles to a dealer for $49k….this was a couple weeks ago. He had an offer from Carmax for $44,700 which he was about to take and I told him to shop it. He only took it to the dealer where he bought it from, they started at $45,500 but I told him not to take it, he told them he wanted $50k for it. After some whining and pondering, management said they can offer $49k and of course he jumped on it.
now’s the time to sell. anyone willing to pay 49k for a civic is a joke. that dealership now has to sell a 21 with 2k miles at least for 53-55k. meanwhile you can get the same exact car for ..

https://www.dchparamushonda.com/veh...civic-type-r-touring-manual-SHHFK8G78MU206095

it’s been sitting there for over 3 weeks with 3 price drops lol im assuming cali market is more insane

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
I just decided to sell my 21 type r. I am getting a C8 Corvette for the big 50.
You're crazy man.

You're trading connected driving and utility for -

LCD rear view mirror (ugh)
No visibility
No utility
Chevy

Sorry but I think you need to go for a spirited drive then slap yourself for talking crazy.

Gabbman

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR, 2017 Range Rover HSE
Country flag
lol I have driven one . im getting a convertible. I agree with the chevy part never been a fan but I have liked the c8 since I saw it. I have a other cars so it fits my needs but I have nothing bad to say about the honda

Average Joeee

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
i went from a sport touring hatch to the type r this has been my first “true” sports car, to me at the end of the day it’s a civic I daily it, the aftermarket to me is decent for a new platform but still expensive the CTR is almost perfect in my eyes, just some more power and I’m happy with mine. Long run goal is 450hp, I love the si coupe especially super light and looks great, but idk if it’s gonna be as reliable pushing a lot of power for a long time out of the 1.5L
Im just tryna get FBO then I'm done till I sell the car or it blows. Its my first car that ive done stuff to. Once I sell it I might just keep it and get something else. I REALLY love hatches not just the Honda hatches but ST, RS, Speed 3, WRX/STi. Ill probably get one of those next. I doubt id get a Type R just cause of the price its not worth the money IMO.

Proxkiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Im just tryna get FBO then I'm done till I sell the car or it blows. Its my first car that ive done stuff to. Once I sell it I might just keep it and get something else. I REALLY love hatches not just the Honda hatches but ST, RS, Speed 3, WRX/STi. Ill probably get one of those next. I doubt id get a Type R just cause of the price its not worth the money IMO.
Totally agree! I truly love my CTR but it’s not worth more than $40k, to me it’s the best hot hatch, runner up is the RS but the interior just looks bad to me, idk if anything else can get to the reliability of the CTR but I don’t have much knowledge in this field so I could be wrong, this is my first car I’ve modified and everything is so expensive. Idk if that’s how it is for other platforms I wish it was cheaper to get quality parts to do all I want

RickyJeezus

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
now’s the time to sell. anyone willing to pay 49k for a civic is a joke. that dealership now has to sell a 21 with 2k miles at least for 53-55k. meanwhile you can get the same exact car for ..

https://www.dchparamushonda.com/veh...civic-type-r-touring-manual-SHHFK8G78MU206095

it’s been sitting there for over 3 weeks with 3 price drops lol im assuming cali market is more insane
Yeah, California is definitely a bubble...but you also have to realize even if they only make a $1k profit on the front end, a Honda dealership would love to carry the financing on a $50k car (Honda doesnt have many cars at that price) and being that it's a used one, selling way more than a new one, the clientel buying it is going to be a little more impatient. This means financing with outside banks and potential for marked up rates. They could make thousands on the back end with minimal front end profit. Heck dealerships will sell cars at a $1k loss and make $4-5k on the back end by selling some product and marking up the rate. Easy money, this is why they're still in business and can buy a Type R for $49k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Yeah, California is definitely a bubble...but you also have to realize even if they only make a $1k profit on the front end, a Honda dealership would love to carry the financing on a $50k car (Honda doesnt have many cars at that price) and being that it's a used one, selling way more than a new one, the clientel buying it is going to be a little more impatient. This means financing with outside banks and potential for marked up rates. They could make thousands on the back end with minimal front end profit. Heck dealerships will sell cars at a $1k loss and make $4-5k on the back end by selling some product and marking up the rate. Easy money, this is why they're still in business and can buy a Type R for $49k
yup good point lol when I bought my R they didnt wanna offer me anything lower then 3.8 so I signed everything and refinanced with a federal credit union the day after for a 2.0 interest rate. I’m assuming many people know about this especially if you’re paying big bucks

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
From the moment I got inside for a test drive, I knew this was not just a Civic. I saw a Stinger today and told the driver how much I liked his car but I lied.
My friend had a CTR and then traded it for a Stinger. He immediately regretted it and about a year later ended up getting another CTR and hasn’t looked back.