First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe (SOLD)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I personally use both. Parking brake and in gear that way all tires stay “locked up”. But I guess these new parking brakes lock all the wheels up anyways and not just the rear
Be careful doing this on a snowy or icy hill. My friend parked his Lincoln LS on an icy hill by putting the vehicle in park and applying the parking brake. When he came outside his car had slid down the hill and totaled itself.
Sponsored

Boomba Racing

Civic X Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport, 2018 Civic Type-R, 2010 Civic SI, 2015 Civic SI,
Country flag
Be careful doing this on a snowy or icy hill. My friend parked his Lincoln LS on an icy hill by putting the vehicle in park and applying the parking brake. When he came outside his car had slid down the hill and totaled itself.
Must have been a steep hill!

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag
Are you implying that it wouldn't have happened if the car was only in park?

Boomba Racing

Civic X Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hard to say for sure. But I think it would be less likely with only 2 wheels locked rather than 4.
If anything, that would make it more likely to slide, since only 2 wheels would have to slide, the other 2 would just roll.

Blitted_Master

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe (SOLD)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If anything, that would make it more likely to slide, since only 2 wheels would have to slide, the other 2 would just roll.
But wouldn't the likelihood of a slide beginning in the first place be increased with having all of the wheels locked rather than just two? I know this would be the case if a vehicle is in motion, but I don't know about a standing object. At any rate, we can say for sure that it's best to avoid hills in slippery conditions.

Boomba Racing

Civic X Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Let's say you park your car on a downward hill, with the front 2 wheels on ice, it would be much easier to get that vehicle sliding if only the front wheels were locked vs. all 4 locked.

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Real men will stop their engine by releasing the clutch pedal on a gear while stopped.
The push to start\stop button will not wear out.
I literally came into this thread to say that. :rofl: