First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How many of you new Si owners have gotten unsolicited compliments/comments on your car? The 10th gen is already a sweet-looking family of Civics, and the Si just turns it up a notch.

Yesterday at the gym this is where I'm obligated to mention that it's CrossFit one of the guys I kinda know approached me during a break and asked if the red car outside was mine. He said he knows everyone there by what they drive and had noticed that the silver Civic was gone for a week ;) He asked to check it out after the workout, and we ended up going for a little ride around the area with some fun second gear pulls. Sadly I couldn't show him how it corners like a sunuva cause the roads were wet from rain. Turns out this guy's a huge Honda geek and was practically completing my sentences. Told me toward the end that he used to own an ep3 and that it was a good little car. After looking up ep3 - I'm still too new to the scene to have the chassis codes memorized - I see that it's a Type R and he might've had one of his letters mixed up... unless he came from the UK or something. Anyway, was a nice experience!

Then immediately after I pulled into my space at home, some guy in the apartment complex was walking his dog and came up to talk to me about how good my car looks. This guy knew what he was doing cause a dog is the easiest way to get me to talk to you. He wasn't quite as studied in Hondology, but he knew the Type R's coming and its HP number. He wants to get a car but doesn't know what he wants, but now I've successfully got his eye on the Si.
Sponsored

Last edited:

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
I've noticed lots of glances and stares from other drivers in traffic, but that probably has more to do with being a "clean, shiny, new red car". Civics are as common as cockroaches and red (no matter what it's on) tends to stand out in the never-ending sea of white, gray, silver, and black around here. The general population hasn't a clue what an Si is. Maybe they're just noticing those "hideous" faux vents and are trying to swallow their vomit.

Since I bought out of state, I had to get my own inspection. Several employees at the inspection station I used stopped what they were doing and swarmed the exterior and interior like flies on a corpse as I watched through the window in the waiting room. You'd have thought it was a Type R by their actions. I guess they see hundreds of new and used cars each day, so they pick up quickly on a vehicle they've never seen before.

While I was sitting inside a restaurant a couple of weeks ago, I noticed a couple of teenage boys had spotted my Si and ran across the parking lot to peep into the windows and take photos. I later heard one of them excitedly telling his grandpa all about it. Grandpa looked like he'd rather be playing bingo back at the nursing home.

I don't mind most of the attention, but lots of ricers and old dudes in muscle cars keep trying to race me. The Si seems to provoke even everyday sedan and SUV drivers to fly past me as if they're trying to prove that their Camrys and Tahoes are faster. It's rather amusing.

Last edited:

AP2SLOW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (Daily). 2006 NFR S2000 (Weekend Racer). 1992 Integra (SOLD). 2005 RSX Type-S (SOLD). 2002 Civic (SOLD)
After 1 1/2 mile from the dealership someone rolled down their window and started asking questions/complimenting our cars. Had a guy stop his truck the the turn lane next to me to let his son give me a thumbs up and wave out the window. Someone stopped and took photos in the IKEA parking lot and someone else walked up to us and complimented them. Some kids walked up and asked questions/looked while we were washing them Sunday. I can literally go on and on. It's crazy how much attention these cars get.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
After 1 1/2 mile from the dealership someone rolled down their window and started asking questions/complimenting our cars. Had a guy stop his truck the the turn lane next to me to let his son give me a thumbs up and wave out the window. Someone stopped and took photos in the IKEA parking lot and someone else walked up to us and complimented them. Some kids walked up and asked questions/looked while we were washing them Sunday. I can literally go on and on. It's crazy how much attention these cars get.

Now was this on the Green Coupe or the Red Coupe ..... or both:catfight:
:D

lungbuster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima
After looking up ep3 - I'm still too new to the scene to have the chassis codes memorized - I see that it's a Type R and he might've had one of his letters mixed up... unless he came from the UK or something. Anyway, was a nice experience!
No, the USDM EP3 was the 7th gen Civic SI. Was, and is, by far my least favorite generation.

Rar20

Bet Squad
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic Si
Country flag
Got mine 2 weeks ago. Everyone is complementing the car and asking why i didnt get a CTR. lol I went to a local starbucks over the weekend, and there was a Toyota meet going on (Not tryna stunt on them). Everyone looked at my car never felt so paranoid about people touching my car. lol

OP
OP
coopermidnight

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No, the USDM EP3 was the 7th gen Civic SI. Was, and is, by far my least favorite generation.
Ah, thanks! Definitely an ugly little thing imo, but I think I've thrown around my opinion on hatches here enough ;)

Not creepy at all :p
Haha well he said he's a car guy (in case it's not obvious) so not too surprising. I can identify a bunch of my coworkers' cars as well.

Last edited:

Nighthawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Since I've gotten my Lunar Silver Si all I do is snap necks when I pull up.

I got thumbs up from a guy in a silver 2016 Civic coupe.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ah, thanks! Definitely an ugly little thing imo, but I think I've thrown around my opinion on hatches here enough ;)

Haha well he said he's a car guy (in case it's not obvious) so not too surprising. I can identify a bunch of my coworkers' cars as well.
Yeah he's a car guy alright, following you home and everything. A car thief maybe if not just a super creepy dude.

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I've noticed people driving more cautious around me? especially when at a light I can see them trying hard not to get close.

Haven't had anyone compliment the car though. Don't think people in Vegas care :(
Sponsored