Turning heads with the Si

mjdecker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Si Sedan, '23 Subaru BRZ Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Today at work had someone comment how they loved the exhaust sound (still factory).

Going on color, I like not so in your face MSM is vs the louder colors (Red & Green especially). I did have a cop tail me last week for almost 2 miles so I guess the car isn't 100% under the radar.
Sponsored

callmehandsum

First Name
Studmuffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si, BMW 540i, Chevy Spark EV, Civic LX
One fellow in a 9th gen Si snapped his neck taking a look at my car. Besides that, I haven't noticed too many looks. Then again, I keep to myself when I drive. Keeps my focus away from other people's driving skills.

jeremiah

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si coupe, 1999 Lexus Gs300
I was getting gas the other day and some lady said she loved my Energy Green Si. She just kind of jumped in on my conversation with the oil tanker guy who was filling up the station's underground gas tank. He had engaged me since I was checking the oil on my car and he said it was the first time all year he'd seen someone checking their oil at a gas station and we got to talking about the color on my car
Thats pretty cool, I bet you get a lot of looks with the color.
Its wild for an OEM color.

Unibrow Tail Lights

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
My friends who ride with me point out that people are staring at my car and even asked if I get a lot of attention in this car. I said I don't notice because I'm driving :p. I have had quite a bit of encounters here in Southern CA.
  • One time I had my windows down at a stoplight and a dad in a van said "This is the first SI I've seen! Looks awesome!".
  • Then while I was driving my mom we were approaching a stoplight in the middle lane then a '15 or '16 STI pulls up next to me, rolls down his video, and gives me a huge thumbs up and an approval face.
  • I was finding a spot to park at school and I noticed there was a spot next to '17 Black SI sedan. I parked next to it then went on with my college school day. When I came back to the car there was a note on my wipers which read "Cool SI dude -Black SI". My friends also tell me that they always notice my car in the parking lot because it stands out so much.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
First week I had my white SI coupe, I took it up to Saratoga. Got a ton of long looks.

Even when stopping for gas on the way home, I could hear a whole bunch of teens remarking about how nice it looked. :)

Gsnail13

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I thought it was just me, but even my wife commented on how my si gets a lot of looks. Which is crazy cause I don't think I even got a side eye or glance in my 9th gen si, unless it was fellow civic or Honda owners. And out of all 6 cars I've owned this definitely gets the most attention.

MattLodi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport+
Country flag
Here in Italy (where we don't have the Si), i'm getting a lot of compliments even with the Sport+ version, i don't know if it's for the full led headlights, the central exhaust or because there are few Civic x here, but i like it :nixon:
The best moment was when i was in Rapolano Terme (Tuscany) with my girlfriend, the town priest chased me with his Civic IX, and when we stopped he just started asking questions regarding the car and asking if he could try to seat inside. Later he explained that he loves Civics...my girlfriend remained speechless :lol:

Last edited:

reelbg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, 2013 Odyssey, 2011 Subaru STI
I haven't had anyone outside of those I know comment on it yet, but I will share a little tangent. I try to comment on other people's nice cars when I see them in a good venue, like pumping gas or just walking by it at the grocery store. Like, if I see someone with a nice GTI, Porsche, whatever as long as it looks babied, I'll tell them it's nice. I figure, anyone who has a niche performance car that looks really great is really into their car, and it will make their day to have a stranger just notice it. And they usually have cool stories. :thumbsup:

JennerSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve had the stares at lights, compliments while paying for gas. Oddly too though, get a lot of incredulous looks from some people when I exit or enter the car or as they pull up next to me at lights, as if they don’t believe that this would be my car (one guy even asked if I was just trying to practice on my bf/brothers car). Best compliments were from the guys (both sales and customers) at the dealer my bf went to (different than mine) when he picked up his vehicle; stating my Si was one of the cleanest looking they’ve seen ever come into the dealer and thanking me for keeping the stick alive :p (bf wasn’t too happy that his si wasn’t getting as much attention on his special day :rofl:)

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR Boost Blue, '21 Mazda 3
Country flag
My coupe doesn't typically get a lot of attention compared to our EGP '16 EX-L...however...last night I was at Subway, in line for ordering...and a couple that I didn't know came up and nudged me 'Is that your Civic? How do you like it? It's really sharp!' Mine is stock - except for the tint...and they went on and on about how pretty it was, etc... I think it is, too :) I will say that I haven't seen *any* other Si's on the road in my neck o'the woods...so it's at least unique...

rushwal

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yesterday, I pulled out of my garage to go somewhere and noticed my across the street neighbor looking at a car in his yard with nobody near it. The conversation went something like this:

Me. Everyone OK?
Him. I don't know I just came out of my house to go to the gym and found this car in my yard knocked over one of my (small) trees.
Me. That's odd.
Him. There was no one around it. I've called the police. I like your car. I think it came from the neighbor across the street. (my next door neighbor's driveway was right in line with the car's position)

PMMonly4HATCH

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald Frump
Threads
Reaction score
Only bad people (Not Cars) come to America
Vehicle(s)
'17 HATCH ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
He said he knows everyone there by what they drive and had noticed that the silver Civic was gone for a week ;) He asked to check it out
He forgot to mention he/she is a narcissistic psychopath and that is the reason he needs to know everyone by the car they drive.