Trying to figure out the damaged part on my car (front left wheel)

barqcider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic HB EX-L
Country flag
Sometime this winter someone either side swiped or a plow hit it. I know i didnt do it, as my wheels/rims on the left side are scratched up badly, but there isnt body damage other than the front fender is scratched.

I didnt think much of it and assume it was salt. well, took it in a month ago for oil change and alignment when im told it was almost impossible to align it as there is damage. What could the damage be? i dont think axle. I do hear a "womp womp" sound and i feel my car shake when braking from high speeds.

my guess is arm controller? ball joint? both? any other possible causes?
Sponsored

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sometime this winter someone either side swiped or a plow hit it. I know i didnt do it, as my wheels/rims on the left side are scratched up badly, but there isnt body damage other than the front fender is scratched.

I didnt think much of it and assume it was salt. well, took it in a month ago for oil change and alignment when im told it was almost impossible to align it as there is damage. What could the damage be? i dont think axle. I do hear a "womp womp" sound and i feel my car shake when braking from high speeds.

my guess is arm controller? ball joint? both? any other possible causes?
Lower control arm and or strut. Go to a frame shop to have it inspected and go from there. The last step is an alignment but not before making sure the suspension and frame passed inspection first.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
I often hear just a alignment bring not enough money to the alignment shop, they need to replace some part to make money.
It is also my experience.

If you know the shop and the owner, go ahead.
Sponsored