Trading in my Civic hatch

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Well guys, it's time. Stopped by the dealership last week and got the trade in paperwork started. After much deliberation, I ultimately decided to not proceed with a custom engine build and full-sending the hatch. I have super mixed feelings about this as I really do love my hatch but between the stress involved with a seriously modded car and how neutered it now feels stock, I needed to make a decision.

Decided to look at my options for more powerful, more sports-oriented drive with something I could keep a factory warranty on for a while. I strongly considered the Type R but given the used market and my wariness against used performance motors, going new was the best bet for me. So I fulfilled a high school dream and got myself a 2021 WRX STi with the Sport-Tech package.

T-minus 5 days to pick up. I'll update this thread with my impressions later and how it compares to my hatch once I have enough seat time.

I won't be going anywhere. I like to think I give half decent advice at times and I'm quite fond of the community here. If anybody knows any good vape shops, let me know. Apparently that's something I need to take up now.

Honda Civic 10th gen Trading in my Civic hatch 20210804_101128
Honda Civic 10th gen Trading in my Civic hatch 20210812_102716
Honda Civic 10th gen Trading in my Civic hatch 20210812_102507
Honda Civic 10th gen Trading in my Civic hatch 20210812_114500

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If anybody knows any good vape shops, let me know. Apparently that's something I need to take up now.
???

real talk tho, nice grab. I was looking at STIs while I was mourning the death of my EM2, but with my shit pay at the time, couldn't justify the cost.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
New car looks sharp.

OP
OP
hobby-man

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
???

real talk tho, nice grab. I was looking at STIs while I was mourning the death of my EM2, but with my shit pay at the time, couldn't justify the cost.
A black EM2 coupe was my very first car in high school. Guess what I was driving behind on my way to the dealer? Same car, same wing, same color. Kind of poetic.

Pitt-Civ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer, 2020 Civic Hatch EX
Country flag
Decent car, just hope to God you drive it better than the dumbass that owns one by me. Refuses to leave the fast lane while doing 60, but God forbid you try to pass him or he takes it to 90 to stay in front of the line behind him.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well guys, it's time. Stopped by the dealership last week and got the trade in paperwork started. After much deliberation, I ultimately decided to not proceed with a custom engine build and full-sending the hatch. I have super mixed feelings about this as I really do love my hatch but between the stress involved with a seriously modded car and how neutered it now feels stock, I needed to make a decision.

Decided to look at my options for more powerful, more sports-oriented drive with something I could keep a factory warranty on for a while. I strongly considered the Type R but given the used market and my wariness against used performance motors, going new was the best bet for me. So I fulfilled a high school dream and got myself a 2021 WRX STi with the Sport-Tech package.

T-minus 5 days to pick up. I'll update this thread with my impressions later and how it compares to my hatch once I have enough seat time.

I won't be going anywhere. I like to think I give half decent advice at times and I'm quite fond of the community here. If anybody knows any good vape shops, let me know. Apparently that's something I need to take up now.

20210804_101128.jpg
20210812_102716.jpg
20210812_102507.jpg
20210812_114500.jpg
I love those acid-green brake calipers!

OP
OP
hobby-man

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
So, I don't get it: if you bought that car, why r u waiting 5 days? Was that just a showroom model?
I believe it takes a couple days to get the finance squared away especially with a buyout of my remaining Honda and then getting the plates transferred etc.

Probably could have gotten it done a bit quicker but I work from home a lot right now anyway so not a big deal.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I believe it takes a couple days to get the finance squared away especially with a buyout of my remaining Honda and then getting the plates transferred etc.

Probably could have gotten it done a bit quicker but I work from home a lot right now anyway so not a big deal.
Oooo, Got it.

Might be a stupid Q, but do you plan on mods?

SpenAfon

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good car. My friend just rebuilt a WRX he blew up on the track. A lot more faith in this one tho just take enough care of it!

OP
OP
hobby-man

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Oooo, Got it.

Might be a stupid Q, but do you plan on mods?
At this time no. It's a platform I'm not nearly as familiar with and I've been informed by the boss lady I'm not allowed to tune it ?

Part of the reason I chose STi over the much cheaper WRX. It's better set up out of the box. Rather than WRX and immediately mod it out.

Cosmetics, maybe suspension, catback, stuff like that are in play.
Sponsored