Macama

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatch EX 21
Country flag
Hello everyone, I own a 2021 Civic EX hatchback CVT fully paid off. Recently I have been really considering trading it in for a 2022 Lexus IS350 F Sport. I have only done exterior mods like, rear diffuser window tints exhaust tips ext.. I want reliability and longevity out of my car. The problem is if I keep the Civic I need to Tune it and do bolt ons. I would also upgrade the tires and wheel. So I would spend roughly around 4-5k on all that and be done. Or do I spend more on a Lexus and have a car payment for a short period of time. My main question is is it worth keeping the civic and putting that money into it or spending more for more of a car. I like my Civic a lot, its just the cvt is not the best and if i tune it, I do not know if it'll last me 10+ years. Thank you everyone!
Sponsored

Rone811

First Name
Rone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Upgrade to a Type R; FK8 or FL5; even the Si go hard. The reliability is there

Honda Civic 10th gen Trade In My Civic..? 036300AA-353B-4CB4-A0F1-57B7A4DECF19

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Everyone runs into this issue. My advice is keep the car as is. The grass isn’t greener on the other side. You get a Lexus, you are not only spending money immediately. You are paying off another 4/5 years and an extra $30/40/50k.

If you have a stable job, solid housing situation, money burning a hole in your pocket. Then by all means, go get a new car. The luxury of NOT having car payments is a huge plus. Try to enjoy a couple of more months of it at least.

dt10g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX sedan 6MT (Canadian)
Country flag
^^^ what this man said ^^^

If you like the Civic, then it is the best financial choice, whether you put the 5K in or not.
It should be reliable regardless of mods, unless you do something... incredibly stupid.

If you really want the Lexus, then that is your choice, obviously it is a different class of vehicle, a bit more upscale etc. Maybe that is important to you. The one nice thing that a Lexus owner in my family enjoys is that they will pickup the car for service and bring it back to you, leaving your a loaner in your driveway. Honda notsomuch. But you're paying for it ... every service is likely to be that much more expensive.

AFAIK, there is not much of an aftermarket for the Lexus... if you enjoy that kind of thing.

Lexus - you're still stuck with an automatic, because Lexus dropped the manual 10? years ago.
That drives me insane... because some of those older IS are actually nice looking...

I believe it's also a substantially heavier vehicle.... like 1000 lb heavier ...

Plus aren't most of them RWD ?....

I always think they look nice, but then the reviews say the performance doesn't match the looks.

Ducota

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si 2021 Accord Sport 2.0 2015 FiT Sport
Country flag
Ex wife had one, super fun to drive. you won't be disappointed. also it's a toyota so if you plan on keeping it awhile it'll hold up. also great re-sale value.

Steeda21

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T
Country flag
i always go back and forth. But like another said, having no car payments trumps a lot of stuff I would like to have with my civic. Unless my car blows up haha it aint going anywhere
Sponsored