Tracking a tuned 1.5T CVT Hatchback Sport

aauty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback sport cvt
Country flag
Hi everyone. I’m new to the forum. I drive a 2017 civic hatchback sport cvt. I’m currently tuned with ktuner stage 2 tune, other than that I’m pretty much stock. Planning to go to track day later in July. Just wondering if there is anyone here with a turbo cvt and a similar tune who takes their car to the track? If so, did you guys have any issues with the engine or cvt?

Thanks!
Sponsored

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
Hi everyone. I’m new to the forum. I drive a 2017 civic hatchback sport cvt. I’m currently tuned with ktuner stage 2 tune, other than that I’m pretty much stock. Planning to go to track day later in July. Just wondering if there is anyone here with a turbo cvt and a similar tune who takes their car to the track? If so, did you guys have any issues with the engine or cvt?

Thanks!
In my opinion, I think even stock tuned, this car could benefit from an upgraded intercooler and a CVT cooler before I’d think about open tracking it. The CVT does not like to get hot.

OP
OP
aauty

aauty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback sport cvt
Country flag
In my opinion, I think even stock tuned, this car could benefit from an upgraded intercooler and a CVT cooler before I’d think about open tracking it. The CVT does not like to get hot.
Thanks very much for your input. I do agree a CVT cooler would be beneficial. I’ve actually tracked my CVT civic a couple of times in stock form and didn’t have any issues with the CVT nor the engine. Now that I’m tuned, just curious if it can continue to hold up.
Sponsored