TPMS + ABS + Brake system + ACC freak out?

dtccivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Bummer. Can you write up your experience here (Plus your first name)? I'll add it to my list of victims on the site.

yichenque

Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX with Sensing
Country flag
Bummer. Can you write up your experience here (Plus your first name)? I'll add it to my list of victims on the site.
I'm Ethan. I filed a complaint to NHTSA. I hope it is only software failure instead hardware failure.
Here is the summary of the problem.
THERE ARE THREE PROBLEMS I WANT TO COMPLAIN: 1) INFORMATION SCREEN FLICKERS FOR 10 MINUTES AFTER STARTING THE ENGINE. I SENT IT TO DEALER SHOP, BUT THEY SAID THAT THEY NEVER HEARD OF SUCH A PROBLEM, AND HAD NO SOLUTION. THE PROBLEM HAPPENED AT LEAST THREE TIMES PER WEEK IN THE PAST TWO MONTHS. 2) INFORMATION SCREEN SHOWS SIX DIFFERENT WARNING MESSAGES AFTER STARTING THE ENGINE, INCLUDING ABS FAILURE, VSA FAILURE, LOW BATTERY LEVEL, COLLISION MITIGATION FAILURE, ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL FAILURE ETC. I TOOK IT TO THE DEALER, THE REASON THEY TOLD ME IS THAT THEY HAD ONE OF MY TIRES REPLACED ONE WEEK BEFORE AND TPMS HAD NOT BEEN RESET CORRECTLY. HOWEVER, WHY IT TOOK TWO WEEKS FOR THE SYSTEM TO GIVE THE WARNING MESSAGES INSTEAD OF RIGHT AFTER TIRE GOT CHANGED? 3) TPMS FAILED TO DETECT FLAT TIRE. I WAS DRIVING A CAR WITH ONE FLAT TIRE FOR 1 MILE, AND THE TPMS EVEN FAILED TO DETECT THE FLAT TIRE.

2K16CivicTT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Camry, 2016 Civic Touring, 2004 F150 FX4
Country flag
I purchased Touring model 1.5 months ago and recently started to notice aforementioned issues appearing on the main screen. Over the weekend, I took it to a Honda dealer and the service manager told me I needed "SRS" unit replaced as it was causing aforementioned warnings. I knew he was full of BS. After reading this forum, I simply turned of "Wifi" link from the main screen and for last three days, no more warnings. Hope it will be the end of non sense with sensing issues with this otherwise a great Honda product.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I purchased Touring model 1.5 months ago and recently started to notice aforementioned issues appearing on the main screen. Over the weekend, I took it to a Honda dealer and the service manager told me I needed "SRS" unit replaced as it was causing aforementioned warnings. I knew he was full of BS. After reading this forum, I simply turned of "Wifi" link from the main screen and for last three days, no more warnings. Hope it will be the end of non sense with sensing issues with this otherwise a great Honda product.
Hope you're right. Did you get an SRS fault message? If so, that hasn't been reported yet. Did the service manager offer any details as to why the SRS was causing the issue?

toccata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L
Honda Civic 10th gen TPMS + ABS + Brake system + ACC freak out? photo.JPG

Hi everyone. My 2016 EX-L is about a month old and yesterday/today I'm getting these warnings seen on this thread. It started with just one yesterday (the 12 volt battery charging system problem message) and then about 4 additional warnings this morning after I turned off the engine at work and turned back on to ACC mode.

I called my Honda dealer to set up a time tomorrow to bring it in but I'd like to cancel and delay that and just clear the messages myself and see how long it goes without further warnings returning.

I did not download/install any additional apps. I have an iPhone 4S that I sometimes use bluetooth or hotspot with. I do not use HondaLink (that I'm aware of anyway), and I thought reading the messages would dismiss them but I still have them. I'm about to go back to it and try rebooting the HU or whatever.

You guys have any suggestions? Do you think I should bring it in tomorrow? I'd like to take care of it myself if all I have to do is calibrate the TPMS again (just one of the warnings, getting warnings about the breaks too, which is kinda scary) and the car appears to handle normally and stopping at the dealer is inconvenient.

dtccivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Hey Toccata. Welcome to the Victims Club. Bring your car to the dealer to have it documented on record that you are seeing these problems. Check out my blog on this topic: http://hondacivicproblems.com

I'd love to add your name to the victims list - and start keeping track of your inevitable stories of woe on this.

JediSkipdogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Hello again and sorry for the long wait for an update. dcccivic, please feel free to copy and paste this on your website. Let me also post everything from May 27th till now.

On May 20th I schedule the car for a 5500 mile oil change, tire rotation, and to update the radio. I like my first oil change to be early to get all the car building dirt/gunk out. On May 24th, five error messages pop up again on the radio. I figure it's going in on the 27th for the oil change, I'll mention it then and we park the car till then. I take it in, mention all the items (3rd mention on file of errors), and they claim the radio update will fix the issues. 2 hours later, the car comes back, I sit in, all 5 error messages again. I literally do a U-Turn in the lot and go right back in the service bay. They call the tech over to see the errors and he takes it back and says after the radio update they have to reset it to clear any prior codes out. Kinda funny since when I arrived, no codes were present (the errors on the 24th had cleared out.) They do not do a service record on this repair.

They bring the car back again, I sit down....SAME ERRORS instantly. I tell them I refuse to take ownership of the vehicle. They write up a new repair (service record #4) and call me later in the afternoon. They tell me Honda has released a new VSA (for those that remember, this was replaced on service record #2, about 5 weeks prior to #3) and they are going to overnight it and install it on Saturday.

They call me 5 till close on Saturday and tell me my vehicle is ready. Obviously I don't live in the parking lot and tell them I'll get it on Sunday. I go in on Sunday (of Memorial day weekend) and notice the shop closed 30 minutes prior to the sign and the time they told us on Saturday. A few employees are in there includes the head shop manager. He gets my car and brings it around. He gets out and helps us unload the loaner and the second I look at the radio...Charing System Problem.

They tell me they will right up on order on Tuesday, May 31. (service record #5). They have their master tech look at the car and even drive it for 44 miles. No errors come on. He claims it was probably because they did the #4 repair with the vehicle on and it slightly drained the battery below voltage. Ok, sorta believable.

Lets go to Tuesday, June 7th (7 days later). I have work training in Indianapolis for the week so my girlfriend and her daughter drive up here to spend Monday night and go to the Children's Museum and then plan on going home Tuesday evening. They get out of the Children's Museum and decide to go downtown and wait for me in a parking garage. They roll the windows down, turn the car completely off, and wait. I call that I'm on my way and my girlfriend decides to start the car because it is getting warm and they want some A/C on. She pushed the button, nothing but....

Honda Civic 10th gen TPMS + ABS + Brake system + ACC freak out? 13324200_10154234665515996_1955174036_o Honda Civic 10th gen TPMS + ABS + Brake system + ACC freak out? 13383378_10154234665610996_1520462465_o Honda Civic 10th gen TPMS + ABS + Brake system + ACC freak out? 13383898_10154234665805996_1528027764_o Honda Civic 10th gen TPMS + ABS + Brake system + ACC freak out? 13383920_10154234667330996_1122498006_o

She's irate. I'm pissed. The car won't even start. The radio also has multiple messages on it. Since I'm so mad I go to the wrong garage but eventually find her. After about 20 minutes she happen to get the car to start right before I arrived. The errors are still on the radio though.

I call the dealership up and after going through multiple people (including a few hanging up on me because I asked to speak to higher ups than them at 6pm at night) I sorta get nowhere. The service manager calls a dealer in Indianapolis that says they will tow it to them but I get no rental. I tell them no deal (I never once told them I had a car from work here, but even so, my girlfriend needs a car to go home to work Wednesday morning.) That dealership says all they will do is tow the car to them but I'm stuck with a ride. So let me get this right, I've had this problem 5 times (this is #6) and you are telling me you will tow my car and leave me stranded 2 hours away from home? No deal Honda.

I call my dad to do some dirty work for me as he's in Cincinnati. He goes to the sister dealership of the one I bought the car from. They authorize me to get a rental from anywhere I can. Problem is, what about my car? Leave it in a garage that says all cars must be removed by 2am? I call my dealership back and finally someone says they will send a tow. 2 hours later (we ate dinner) no tow or call from the dealer. I call them back and get nothing but trouble as they say a dealership in Indy said they were towing it. I said yes, but that was 2 hours ago and about 45 minutes before anyone told me they were giving me a rental (what was I suppose to do, carry suitcases and car seats throughout the city looking for a rental dealership?) No apologies or anything.

Finally, I made the call since it's now 9 pm. We looked up a Honda near the airport and I drove the car there at a slow rate in case I lost brakes. After all, everyone said the messages on the instrument panel should be taken serious. We put the car in front of a service bay, strip EVERYTHING out, and remove the plates. I then use the night drop box and tell them to call the dealership we bought it from on how to handle and left my info, the keys, and the dealership info.

We drive to the airport and get a rental till Friday at the dealership's expense. Hey, I have on recording on my phone that it's ok (Unfortunately my phone recording was broke as I needed to reinstall the app on my new phone so I don't have some of the original calls.) As it's too late for her to drive home, she decided to stay at the hotel with me again and will drive home in the morning and miss about 2 hours of work.

I have receipts for everything as the dealership my dad went to said to keep receipts and if my dealership won't reimburse me they will.

At this point, I'm posting this, then going to file NHTSA complaints as this vehicle is unsafe to drive. I will also be contacting my dealership on breaks in my training to start the process of a new vehicle. At this point though, not sure I even want another Honda, or if I do, I won't be doing any service repairs at this dealership again. They seem to not care that a family with a 4 year old would be stranded in Indianapolis. Not once did they offer hotel or rental car until I pushed the issue more, at which point all rentals were closed but the airport.

I will update more as the week progresses. I'm sure it won't be pretty unless tomorrow the first thing they say is my new 2016 Honda Civic EX-T is waiting for me Friday.

cslaughter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic 1.5 EX-T
Got my vehicle back today after it was at the body shop getting fixed from the dealer screwing it up.

Got it home, and 6 error messages again. So VSA modulator did not fix the problem.

dtccivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
If they try to replace the Steering Angle Sensor, you can let them know that won't work either.
Sponsored