GundamTypeR

First Name
Isaiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
Yup that's what I'm going for. There are a few in New Jersey where I live but they aren't white or sonic grey pearl which are my 2 favorite colors, most are black. I'm going to keep searching Carvana though and set alerts to see when new inventory pops up.
Yeah CW is def a sweet color. I can't believe I almost got a black CTR, but luckily the guy at the dealership was trash at selling me the car for a good price so I backed out lol
Sponsored

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
How I taught my younger brother is to have him get used to letting off the clutch pedal slowly in 1st gear to begin rolling, and once fully off then he could lightly press the gas to speed up. These cars unlike older Honda's don't need you to balance the clutch and gas pedal in order to begin rolling.

Doing this over and over again in a parking lot one night, he was able to get a hang of it and by the end comfortable with stopping, starting, and going through the gears steadily

Last edited:

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
How I taught my younger brother is to have him get used to letting off the clutch pedal slowly in 1st gear to begin rolling, and once fully off then he could lightly press the gas to speed up. These cars don't unlike older Honda's don't need you to balance the clutch and gas pedal in order to begin rolling.

Doing this over and over again in a parking lot one night, he was able to get a hang of it and by the end comfortable with stopping, starting, and going through the gears steadily
This is how I’d teach it. Well, find the biting point first, then slowly back off the clutch to get rolling. Same technique for backing out, no need to even touch the gas pedal backing out.

BackslashBrian

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R (SGP)
Country flag
Yeah CW is def a sweet color. I can't believe I almost got a black CTR, but luckily the guy at the dealership was trash at selling me the car for a good price so I backed out lol
Finally found a 2 Type R's that have no markups! A used 2019 CW with 15k miles for $40,700 out the door and a new 2021 SGP for $41,800 out the door! Think I'm going to pull the trigger on the Sonic Grey Pearl

websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI , 2023 Civic Sport
Country flag
How I taught my younger brother is to have him get used to letting off the clutch pedal slowly in 1st gear to begin rolling, and once fully off then he could lightly press the gas to speed up. These cars unlike older Honda's don't need you to balance the clutch and gas pedal in order to begin rolling.

Unless on a hill.

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
Unless on a hill.
Yes, but this car has an amazing feature to keep it from rolling backward on a hill, but yea, you would need to give it some gas to get it rolling on a hill, but way easier than my 1st car - 87 si and I had to learn driving it in the up-hill streets in Seattle.

Seandingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP CTR, 2010 Accord
Country flag
The R is my first manual as well and I'm having a great time driving it since I got it two months ago. Definitely still lots of room for improvement. Anyone have tips for smoothening out the up shifts? I feel like my 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear transitions are still super jerky. Should I be waiting until the clutch is full out to apply throttle during upshifts or should I be apply it before the clutch is fully out? I've also disabled the rev match system so I can learn proper technique. Any tips would be much appreciated!

gohighhhehrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I've also disabled the rev match system so I can learn proper technique.
Disagree with this, only reason I can see why anyone would disable it is for heel-and-toe preference. If you mean you want to learn heel-and-toe, then I don't think that should be a focus for you anytime soon.

Seandingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Disagree with this, only reason I can see why anyone would disable it is for heel-and-toe preference. If you mean you want to learn heel-and-toe, then I don't think that should be a focus for you anytime soon.
I did this just to learn the normal throttle blip downshift and not heel toe. Should I just leave this on for that?

gohighhhehrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I did this just to learn the normal throttle blip downshift and not heel toe. Should I just leave this on for that?
I see, but you will probably never have to throttle blip when driving this car with rev match on. Unless you are below 2k rpm :p

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
Finally found a 2 Type R's that have no markups! A used 2019 CW with 15k miles for $40,700 out the door and a new 2021 SGP for $41,800 out the door! Think I'm going to pull the trigger on the Sonic Grey Pearl
New vs. 2 years old for only $1,100 more? You'd have to REALLY want the white!

Seandingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I see, but you will probably never have to throttle blip when driving this car with rev match on. Unless you are below 2k rpm :p
While true,my mindset here is to learn the technique in case I get into another car without rev match. That'd make it one hell of a jerky ride!

OP
OP
GundamTypeR

GundamTypeR

First Name
Isaiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
The R is my first manual as well and I'm having a great time driving it since I got it two months ago. Definitely still lots of room for improvement. Anyone have tips for smoothening out the up shifts? I feel like my 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear transitions are still super jerky. Should I be waiting until the clutch is full out to apply throttle during upshifts or should I be apply it before the clutch is fully out? I've also disabled the rev match system so I can learn proper technique. Any tips would be much appreciated!
I don't get any jerks when I upshift if I apply a little throttle right as I'm releasing the clutch slowly from the bite point. So if I'm going from 2nd gear to 4th gear I shift, slowly left off the clutch, and apply a little throttle
Sponsored