TimeFrame for AC Fix

How long after your AC died did it take Honda to repair?

• Same Day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 - 6 Weeks

• More than 8 weeks

• Total voters

nizarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
Just trying to create a poll to get an understanding of how long Honda are taking to turn around the know AC issue with the 16-18 Civics. I've been waiting 6 weeks and was meant to have it repaired tomorrow. Got a call today saying that they can diagnose the issue but wont be able to repair it because of lack of parts. Very annoyed because I could have made the call to other dealerships who could have done it sooner.
Sponsored

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
Same thing here. I had mine diagnosed by June 4 of this year and up till now I’m still waiting. I am also waiting for Honda corporate to answer my email that I sent last Friday.

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Called and took the first appointment they had, which was a week later. Needed a condenser, which they had in stock. Got a loaner but they fixed it same day.

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R 2000 Honda S2000
Country flag
This is a national parts back order issue, not to mention compiled with factory closures due to Covid has made the problem worse. Speak with your dealer, we usually place customers who have been waiting as long as you have on a critical backorder status (emergency order). Unfortunately, we just have to be patient, dealers have no control over this, we are just as frustrated as you are.

Condensers seem to be in stock right now.
Evaporators seem to be in stock as well.
Compressors are on backorder, they are being ordered per VIN right now only so that dealers cannot hoard them. I got my compressor next day on both cars i had today.

OP
OP

nizarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
This is a national parts back order issue, not to mention compiled with factory closures due to Covid has made the problem worse. Speak with your dealer, we usually place customers who have been waiting as long as you have on a critical backorder status (emergency order). Unfortunately, we just have to be patient, dealers have no control over this, we are just as frustrated as you are.

Condensers seem to be in stock right now.
Evaporators seem to be in stock as well.
Compressors are on backorder, they are being ordered per VIN right now only so that dealers cannot hoard them. I got my compressor next day on both cars i had today.
I took the car in yesterday and they confirmed it's the condenser. Like you say, they have put my order as critical and they say they get them every 2-3 weeks. We have temps hovering around 40c here and it's been the worst timing. I will wait for the call and hopefully it's soon!. Thanks for your reply.
Sponsored