Cost to fix my Civic involved in accident?

Status
Not open for further replies.

somarilnos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
When you get the police report, it should be telling. I don't know for sure in RI, but in many states, the report will indicate a vehicle 1, and vehicle 2. Usually it's a narrative of how vehicle 1 caused the accident.

The description you gave here of what happened is very vague, and, ideally, as far as throwing things publicly out there on the internet, you should probably keep it that way. If there's any chance of a lawsuit or the like to recover damages or anything, you're a lot better off giving a lawyer a better chance to tell the narrative in the right light.

With more information, I'd give you my two cents from over 10 years of experience in the insurance industry. But you're better off leaving it to people who have the opportunity to directly impact things. Someone telling you it is or is not your fault on an internet forum won't serve as evidence to get your damages paid for.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic LX
When you get the police report, it should be telling. I don't know for sure in RI, but in many states, the report will indicate a vehicle 1, and vehicle 2. Usually it's a narrative of how vehicle 1 caused the accident.

The description you gave here of what happened is very vague, and, ideally, as far as throwing things publicly out there on the internet, you should probably keep it that way. If there's any chance of a lawsuit or the like to recover damages or anything, you're a lot better off giving a lawyer a better chance to tell the narrative in the right light.

With more information, I'd give you my two cents from over 10 years of experience in the insurance industry. But you're better off leaving it to people who have the opportunity to directly impact things. Someone telling you it is or is not your fault on an internet forum won't serve as evidence to get your damages paid for.
This is how the accident happened (attached file).

Honda Civic 10th gen Cost to fix my Civic involved in accident? Accident

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Assuming no signal or signage at this intersection, you are going to lose. Failure to yield right of way. You were betting on the kindness of the four grey vehicles. But the red guy had no reason to yield to you--or even necessarily to expect you'd be there--and you had every reason to yield to him.

YMMV. Sorry, but that's my prediction.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
In your original post you said "While I am sure that it was his mistake, myself and my insurance are waiting for the police and crash report."...

On what grounds was it his mistake? Your roadway was terminating and was the smaller road anyway. Assuming no traffic control devices or perhaps a stop sign on your part (since you haven't drawn any in), I don't see how you could possibly fathom denying your fault. Quite frankly, I don't understand why cars on the other side of the road travelling 'downwards' in your diagram are waiting for you to cross anyway...

Boz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan - Modern Steel Metalic / Black
Country flag
Assuming no signal or signage at this intersection, you are going to lose. Failure to yield right of way. You were betting on the kindness of the four grey vehicles. But the red guy had no reason to yield to you--or even necessarily to expect you'd be there--and you had every reason to yield to him.

YMMV. Sorry, but that's my prediction.
You and the others posting that it was VictorWilliams' fault are 100% correct.

Boz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan - Modern Steel Metalic / Black
Country flag
DELETE (Is there a way to delete a post?)

somarilnos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
As others have said, regardless of who might have been waiting for you to go, unless you had the right of way (i.e. there was an all way stop and you were stopped before the other vehicles, they had a yield, they had a red light, or something of the like), you're going to be out of luck at finding fault in another driver in this situation. Will be good to do what you can to get your car in working order, and be glad that nobody was injured (hopefully that's the case!).

9thgenidiot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Civic LX 2DR
I feel for you.. but unfortunately that diagram puts you 100% at fault. The only way you would NOT be at fault there is if you had a green light, and both other directions of traffic had a red light. If you had a stop sign only, and the other lanes of traffic in your diagram had no stop sign or red light, you failed to yield to the right of way.. sadly there is no recourse if this is true, damages will just be out of your pocket unless you go to insurance. Like others have said it looks visually to be a bit more than just cosmetic. You can try having it towed to an autobody shop (or two, always best to get two opinions) for a writeup/estimate so you can see what's been done.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
So much for this jury of your peers…

BobM_Jr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Yup, baring any info you did not tell us, you're screwed. 100% your fault.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.