The Type R Will Be On Top Gear BBC!

warrendeath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R 'Hellbat'
Top Gear BBC came on Sunday, watched the episode last night and it looks like they will have a segment/episode featuring the Type R. I was really, really excited for The Grand Tour guys to do a segment and I felt like they didn't really do a great job with it. Clearly, they weren't really fans of it, but they didn't talk much about the car, outside the (controversial) looks. From the trailer, I only watched it once, without pausing, looks like it will be taking on the RC F(Lexus)?

Have you guys seen this trailer for the season? I'm always excited to see it on television, especially since I never seen it driven.
Sponsored

Muggsy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2020 Lexus UX250h, 2012 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
I actually enjoyed the Grand Tour episode. The guys who weren't driving the CTR spent most of their time insulting the way it looked, but then they went back to wrestling with the new/old Jag and Aston Martin, both admittedly gorgeous but finicky at best. I thought the CTR came off pretty well. And at least they have a sense of humor, when they go for the insult they do it with style.

wassen

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Website
200sx.kicks-ass.net
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2017, Volvo V70
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry to go a bit off topic but what episode of GT was the CTR on ?

taiso0019

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR | 2022 Veloster N | 2015 TuRD PRO
Country flag
Should be nice. I’m sure we’d get a bit of shenanigans followed by a proper review/shakedown from Harris. He seems to be a fan. I don’t get the hate for the new TG. It’s not like the previous trio were doing it better by any stretch at the end of their stint. And let’s be honest TGT has been...underwhelming.

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
Should be nice. I’m sure we’d get a bit of shenanigans followed by a proper review/shakedown from Harris. He seems to be a fan. I don’t get the hate for the new TG. It’s not like the previous trio were doing it better by any stretch at the end of their stint. And let’s be honest TGT has been...underwhelming.
Yes!

MonkeyConQueso

First Name
Armand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
I watched the TGT episode with the CTR last night. I'm not surprised by their responses regarding the styling (I agree, it's boy-racer, but I dig it), but I am surprised by the "here's a fly-by"....and that's it. I look forward to seeing what the Top Gear people do now.

OP
OP
warrendeath

warrendeath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I watched the TGT episode with the CTR last night. I'm not surprised by their responses regarding the styling (I agree, it's boy-racer, but I dig it), but I am surprised by the "here's a fly-by"....and that's it. I look forward to seeing what the Top Gear people do now.
Agreed! I wanted a bit more. Looks like we are going to get that.

I actually really like the new TG trio. I've been a big fan of both YT reviewers and I've always liked LeBlanc. Chemistry will get there, with time but it seems entertaining for now. It is a car show and I'm fine with that.

OP
OP
warrendeath

warrendeath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agreed. I love it for the guys, but I definitely want a bit...more? Hard to describe.

lawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM type r
Country flag
That video (the minute or so we get of it)...is basically the CTR in a nutshell. Some might see it as tacky as all hell, and some might think it's amazing.

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
It's gonna be really interesting, it is not a Porsche for Chris Harris but in the first review he did about the car, he really did not explore the performance side of the car.
After this review, I waiting for a miracle to see Randy Pobst driving it too..

JLOracing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R Time Attack, 2007 Honda Fit Sport Time Attack, 2009 Honda Fit Sport Time Attack, 2009 Honda fit Sport World Challenge TCB, 2012 Honda Fit Sport daily, 1996 Honda Civic Coupe endurance road race, 1999 Honda Civic Hatchback rallycross, 1971 Datsun 510 Coupe project track car
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's gonna be really interesting, it is not a Porsche for Chris Harris but in the first review he did about the car, he really did not explore the performance side of the car.
After this review, I waiting for a miracle to see Randy Pobst driving it too..
Randy has already drive 2 different ones, but I cant spill the beans yet, he is a good friend of mine and we race together and run some other events together often. He will be driving my CTR once I have everything finished.

Honda Civic 10th gen The Type R Will Be On Top Gear BBC! 20170813_184100
Sponsored