The Exhaust System

JustinXO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
How can I get my Civic to sound deep and throaty?
Sponsored

ryansommer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Do you want loud deep or quiet deep? Are you mechanically inclined? How much do you want to spend?

MGaraguso082

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Coupe
Country flag
I'm right with him. I want a load deep and price is not an issue. And yeah I can change out everything.

ryansommer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I'm right with him. I want a load deep and price is not an issue. And yeah I can change out everything.
If you have the tools, build yourself a custom exhaust. It's a fun project for a couple hundred in piping. If you don't want to do that, take it to an exhaust shop and have them do it.
If you want it loud, then run a straight pipe from the downpipe. For my setup, I added a straight-through magnaflow and I am happy with that sound. I lived with a straight pipe for a few days and that to me was not practical. Though I was running 2.5" pipe, which may make a difference.

MGaraguso082

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Don't have the tools for that. More or less just want to buy something I can bolt on.

ryansommer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Don't have the tools for that. More or less just want to buy something I can bolt on.
There are a few bolt-on exhausts for the 1.5t that will run you a bit over a grand. Though someone with that engine will probably have done the research on which is best!

MGaraguso082

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah I've been looking, but can't find what I'm looking for yet. If I do, I will post.

OP
OP
JustinXO

JustinXO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Do you want loud deep or quiet deep? Are you mechanically inclined? How much do you want to spend?
I would like to have it loud deep, similar to a Subaru if you know what I mean. Any suggestions for that?

HayaiKuruma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatchback EX
Country flag
It's the horn that needs to sound deep and throaty. Maybe the horn reminds some folks of the ricksha or little mopeds or something in Asia but seriously, what the heck are the designers at Honda thinking.

Sorry, back to topic.

ryansommer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
It's the horn that needs to sound deep and throaty. Maybe the horn reminds some folks of the ricksha or little mopeds or something in Asia but seriously, what the heck are the designers at Honda thinking.

Sorry, back to topic.
I bought a cheap low-tone horn and wired it up in conjunction with the stock horn, makes it low enough not to sound like a moped but I'm sure you could make something nicer!

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would like to have it loud deep, similar to a Subaru if you know what I mean. Any suggestions for that?
If you want it to sound like a Subaru prob should have bought one of those as this is not a boxer motor. Otherwise I'd just wait til more aftermarket exhausts come out.