Thanks Carvana

SKOOK

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe Sport 6MT 2.0L, 2018 Civic Sedan LX CVT 2.0L, 1998 EJ8 Civic Coupe, 1993 EJ1 Civic Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Last night, I bid farewell to my 2019 Sport Coupe. After seeing way too many commercials for this "Carvana" thing, curiosity got the best of me. I decided to look up the value of my coupe and let me tell you, their offer surprised me. I thought to myself, "No way are they going to come pick this thing up for that price."

After tossing around the idea for a while, I decided that the offer they gave me for the car was simply too good to pass up. I started following the instructions on how to sell your car to them. If anyone is curious, all that they require is for you to upload a picture of your driver's license and your current registration. It really is THAT simple. After a day of waiting to confirm all of my documents were correct, it was time to select an appointment for the car to be picked up.

Now let me give you a little insight to my situation. I bought this car in June of 2019 for $18,599 out the door. Carvana offered me $17,135. This means that over the last 16 months, the car depreciated $1,464. All said and done, that was $91.50 a month for me to own/rent/lease (how ever you want to look at it) this car.

Honda Civic 10th gen Thanks Carvana KBB 2.PNG

Just like in the commercials, a Carvana flatbed truck showed up to take my car. Now just because I sold this car does not mean that I was dissatisfied. I feel that the 10th gen coupe is one of the best looking modern cars! I honestly just never fell in love with the car. I still have my 2018 LX commuter which I plan to keep for a long time. My heart just cannot help the fact that it yearns for Civics made before the year 2000.

All in all, my Carvana experience was a 10/10. I would totally use them again. I recommend that anyone on the fence about selling, gives them a shot. If you have any questions or want to know more about my experience, feel free to ask!
Sponsored

OP
OP
SKOOK

SKOOK

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe Sport 6MT 2.0L, 2018 Civic Sedan LX CVT 2.0L, 1998 EJ8 Civic Coupe, 1993 EJ1 Civic Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's wild. Congrats btw! I wonder if it had anything to do with the coupes being discontinued or not ?.
Thank you! I was kind of thinking the same thing though. The used car market is hot right now and it isn't like they are making anymore of these coupes. I had to jump on that price!

NotSerious

First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018CivicLXSedanCVT
Country flag
That's wild. Congrats btw! I wonder if it had anything to do with the coupes being discontinued or not ?.
Yep. The coupes are being discontinued, manual transmissions like the OP's are getting rarer and the Coupe Sport has the more durable non-turbo-charged engine, so it may be a collector's item in the future. The two doors, VTEC and manual transmission will give it a traditional Civic experience to drive.

If you can find a left over brand new 2020 Coupe Sport with manual transmission, it may be a good investment.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Carvana always low balled me, significantly, and I ended up trading in my CTR to a dealer who was giving me $7K more than Carvana's offer. Doesn't work everywhere. In the end, glad it worked out for you though!

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
Bought my gti autobhan for $27k and this is their offer wow haha.
Honda Civic 10th gen Thanks Carvana 6CDDD280-8ACB-47DB-A2A0-B03A775C966A

OP
OP
SKOOK

SKOOK

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Carvana always low balled me, significantly, and I ended up trading in my CTR to a dealer who was giving me $7K more than Carvana's offer. Doesn't work everywhere. In the end, glad it worked out for you though!
That is crazy! Talk about a low ball offer. I'm glad you found a better deal though. Persistence is key when it comes time to selling.

OP
OP
SKOOK

SKOOK

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (Stolen), 2013 Honda Accord Sport V6
Country flag
Carvana is currently trying to build their inventory of used cars, which are a hot commodity at the moment. I'm seeing many used cars selling for about the same price or even more in some cases than new. I was looking at Tesla's, and 2017 Model 3 are selling almost as much as new. FYI, I'm not buying a Tesla, but just browsing

OP
OP
SKOOK

SKOOK

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Carvana is currently trying to build their inventory of used cars, which are a hot commodity at the moment. I'm seeing many used cars selling for about the same price or even more in some cases than new. I was looking at Tesla's, and 2017 Model 3 are selling almost as much as new. FYI, I'm not buying a Tesla, but just browsing
I think this is exactly what is going on. New car production slowed in a lot of places around the globe due to Covid but the demand for cars has stayed the same. Lack of inventory is causing people to search for used cars and is increasing trade in values. It's a great time to be a seller in my opinion!

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looked just for fun and got an offer of 27k for a 1 year old ctr. Lol
EW!!! That's gut wrenching wow. You could have 100k miles on a CTR and it would likely sell for over 30k.

I think this is exactly what is going on. New car production slowed in a lot of places around the globe due to Covid but the demand for cars has stayed the same. Lack of inventory is causing people to search for used cars and is increasing trade in values. It's a great time to be a seller in my opinion!
Soooo what's the new ride brotha?

OP
OP
SKOOK

SKOOK

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looked just for fun and got an offer of 27k for a 1 year old ctr. Lol
Wow! Carvana must not be familiar with the Type R market considering the low offers that I am seeing for them o_O

OP
OP
SKOOK

SKOOK

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Soooo what's the new ride brotha?
*Old ride haha. I have the 2018 LX for any long drives and commuting. Now I can be irresponsible and put some of that money into my 98 and 93 coupes! There is just something about driving these older cars that really gets me going.

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Thank you! I was kind of thinking the same thing though. The used car market is hot right now and it isn't like they are making anymore of these coupes. I had to jump on that price!
yeah the used market is INSANE, I looked up these cars a month or 2 back and they where selling for more with higher mileage then when I bought mine used a year ago and I paid on the higher end of market price because I bought from Family which meant family title transfer that saved me a grand in taxes so I still came out cheaper then if I bought from a stranger.
Sponsored