aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
A quick report from a highway stoplight this morning... I was, unfortunately, first in line, at the stoplight, in the fast lane, the T3 pulled in behind me. With TSP1, map2, Sport mode selected I ran up to about 80 mph just about as quickly as I could. The T3 basically sat on my bumper the whole time, though it looked like he had to let up a little as I shifted through 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Hopefully, one day, I'll pull up behind him so we can see how it really goes.

Instant torque is cool. Finding a charging station is not.
Sponsored

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
A quick report from a highway stoplight this morning... I was, unfortunately, first in line, at the stoplight, in the fast lane, the T3 pulled in behind me. With TSP1, map2, Sport mode selected I ran up to about 80 mph just about as quickly as I could. The T3 basically sat on my bumper the whole time, though it looked like he had to let up a little as I shifted through 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Hopefully, one day, I'll pull up behind him so we can see how it really goes.

Instant torque is cool. Finding a charging station is not.
hmm. Tesla gets what, 200-300 mile range depending on model. CTR gets about the same range on gas. I imagine most Teslas live in the suburbs and charge at home. Road trips? maybe more challenging, but certainly getting more common. Tides are changing. Large urban/suburban areas leading the way. Worst case is your Electric car is a 2nd/3rd car/fun car.

OP
OP
aighead

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I like more that if the grid goes out I can still have a few gas cans in the garage that'll let me escape the hoards of zombies I don't believe in. Power, everywhere, goes out a lot. Our modern society is great and fun and neat until we can't charge our batteries. Another point of power: We went on a big family vacation where there were about 25 people staying in a house, on the lake, in the woods. Storm rolls in, power goes out, for several hours. A couple people take showers and use the restroom as needed before the homeowners warned that there was no longer a pump to move the shower and toilet water into the septic tank and out onto the leech field. Whoops!

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
The slowest model 3's should beat your SI. The performance model would make you look stupid for trying.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Yeah if it was a dual motor or performance model, the Si has no chance in hell. Even a base model T3 would kill it probably.

OP
OP
aighead

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah, I would totally expect any of the 3's to roast me off the line. That's why I'm hoping next time to be behind him to see what happens. In the long run (Cannonball run style) I win, though, due to fill up times. Take that electricity!
Sponsored