Civic Si vs Mazda 3 2.5T

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
I thought about getting it.... but then no 6 speed soooo noppeee. i miss my speed 3. i do like the looks and interior finish. I think its smaller than the si well at least i feel like it is when i sat in one.
Did you mean the 3 sedan? There's a 6mT hatch Premium.
Sponsored

ripcord291

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Platinum White Pearl
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you mean the 3 sedan? There's a 6mT hatch Premium.
I sat in both, but i felt like the head room was really tight in the rear seats. Yeah i saw that it could come with a 6speed but in the lower engine. If they offered it with their new turbo i would be really really interested in it but they dont. huge let down cause i do like its looks on the inside and out. plus if they had it with the awd too that would be a home run for old MS3 owners. I probly would trade in my si for it

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
I test drove it and it’s true. What’s crazy is it’s the same 2.5L Skyactiv from the previous generation and it felt plenty quick in my 2016 3, but the 2019 3 was so slow off the line. Like ridiculously, painfully slow. It has more power than the 1.5 turbo, but seriously doesn’t feel like it.
Sucks to hear. Going to have to test out the 2.5 turbo when the time comes, i'm sure that will be a different breed altogether.

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
Sucks to hear. Going to have to test out the 2.5 turbo when the time comes, i'm sure that will be a different breed altogether.
I’m sure it will be. All that torque and AWD would make it fun. My concerns are with the torsion beam rear. Those are known for not being very enjoyable at high speeds. I’ll be extremely impressed if Mazda can can tune it to be fun.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The base model, which was all that was available at the time. It was right when they started hitting the lots. It could be I had the 2016 Mazda3 GT and it was tuned more aggressively than a base model 2019. And it didn’t handle as well either.
Weird. I definitely like how the 2.5 revs in my 2017 3 GT. At least in the new ones, if you throw it into sport mode the transmission wakes up. But seeing as how Mazda moved from sport to more luxury with the newest generation, it's possible they adjusted the gear ratios in the transmission to where it's not as aggressive.

Philip Wing

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mazda 6 Sport Wagon (needs new transmission)
Country flag
Odd to slide over here because I'm shopping for a Type R at MSRP for the stick and power. Had to replace the solenoids on my 2007 Mazda 6 Sport Wagon with 212 HP. The HP drop definitely kept me out. Not sure what you can do about NA power - RX-8 rotary at 280 HP? A friend loved it on the track (although it was inside a Pro Mazda… :)). 250 odd HP is not 306, but the sales reps! :( And ADM.

I've been taking my Mazda 6 out for Laps for Charity at Sonoma Raceway five years running. Each year usually I'm chasing down the car in front of me. Last year I followed a 440, WRX, Corvette, and a convertible Mustang. They all left me behind coming out of every turn! I'd catch up when they entered the next. I don't want the tailing instructor calling up to slow them down because of my car.

One final difference: The Type R will take my golf clubs. The Mazda 3 sedan will take my golf clubs. I need to play with the Mazda 3 hatchback to take my clubs, despite my most recent Mazda sales guy saying I can take my driver out. I remarked that's EXACTLY what I laugh at at people at the course - taking out their driver to fit the clubs in the vehicle meaning they didn't shop right. Only person I've excused was a lady and her Boxster.

Cuntpunt

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
I have a si and my wife has a mazda 6 both are 2018 models. And that mazda is pure sex. Especially since its lowered on nice wheels and a cuntpunt lip kit. And that interior is luxurious AF

OP
OP

0percentapr

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I have a si and my wife has a mazda 6 both are 2018 models. And that mazda is pure sex. Especially since its lowered on nice wheels and a cuntpunt lip kit. And that interior is luxurious AF
You got pics

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
You ever consider a name change? Yikes.

Philip Wing

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mazda 6 Sport Wagon (needs new transmission)
Country flag
Sorry, guys, I've put in a pre-order for a Mazda 3 2.5T which is currently in a ship on the Pacific Ocean. Deal breaker was the tires. Bridgestone Potenza 215/45R18 are less than half the price Michelin 235/30R20 that the Type R takes, plus the Dublin Mazda guy is MUCH more responsive than the Honda people I've contacted. San Francisco Mazda person wasn't willing to look it up on his computer. My 2007 Mazda 6 Sport Wagon Grand Touring takes the same 18 inch tires.

How did I find Dublin Mazda? At The Brickyard… :) I was touristing after a convention before my flight and their race team was out there having fun. Must appreciate a Mazda dealer that has a race-prepped Mazda 6 on a rack in the showroom… :)

Last edited:

MLawrence

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si
Country flag
Old thread.
Good read.

Mazda has stepped up the game for their lower models.
I’m surprised that people said the 3 and the 6 were slow. Because the new ones definitely are NOT slow.

The Speed3 and Speed6 have always been monsters that put a lot of power to the wheel.

I hope to see a new Speed3/6 in the future. If done right they will be SOLID competitors for Toyota’s GR/TRD lineups, Honda’s Sport/CTR trims, and maybe even Nissan’s 400Z.

Unlike Nissan, who has decided to go with the Z and give us another pure traditional sports car… I don’t expect Mazda to give us another RX7 or RX8. But the 3 is in a REALLY good place right now. good

The JDM is coming back STRONG right now.

Now… if only semiconductor manufacturing would recover… lol

SichuanHot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Old thread.
Good read.

Mazda has stepped up the game for their lower models.
I’m surprised that people said the 3 and the 6 were slow. Because the new ones definitely are NOT slow.

The Speed3 and Speed6 have always been monsters that put a lot of power to the wheel.

I hope to see a new Speed3/6 in the future. If done right they will be SOLID competitors for Toyota’s GR/TRD lineups, Honda’s Sport/CTR trims, and maybe even Nissan’s 400Z.

Unlike Nissan, who has decided to go with the Z and give us another pure traditional sports car… I don’t expect Mazda to give us another RX7 or RX8. But the 3 is in a REALLY good place right now. good

The JDM is coming back STRONG right now.

Now… if only semiconductor manufacturing would recover… lol
We can only hope. An awd Speed3 or Speed6 would be a riot of a package.
Sponsored