Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why did you choose those measurements?
i'm running 205/65/R15 for winter wheels but i would prefer a 16'' set
here a picture this is what a 15'' tire look like...it's very balloon but its good for rough road conditions...here the roads do get NASTY sometimes especially around spring.
A 16'' tire will retain a better driving characteristic and still do well with daily winter driving...and look better.

Honda Civic 10th gen Suggested Winter Tires and Wheels IMG_20201012_222408_7

Honda Civic 10th gen Suggested Winter Tires and Wheels IMG_20201209_125800_1

Honda Civic 10th gen Suggested Winter Tires and Wheels IMG_20201209_125829_1

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
I had the blizzaks. I much prefer my current pirelli ice zero.
The blizzaks wear ridiculously fast!

A 15" set would be much cheaper and work just as well.

crossface

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I have choosen this wheel and tire combo from tirerack. What are your guys thoughts? Will there be any fitting issues?
wheel.JPG
This is the exact setup I have on my 2017 HB Sport. Had a little bit of snow and slush yesterday and they did fantastic. We're expecting 3-5 inches of snow plus freezing rain friday and that's when they'll really be put to the test.

crossface

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I had the blizzaks. I much prefer my current pirelli ice zero.
The blizzaks wear ridiculously fast!

A 15" set would be much cheaper and work just as well.
Did you drive the blizzaks on dry roads often? I heard dry roads eat through Blizzaks. I just put my set on last weekend and im curious on longetivity.

fitter_here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2016 Sedan
Country flag
Hey i'm in La plaine terrebonne we live VERY close to each other LOL :)
Next door...lol
I prefer my 15 inch tires, specially the roads around here are not always perfect. I don’t really mind if a winter tire looks good or not...lol
I have Blizzak tires, they are on my fifth winter, I'll replace next year with the same kind

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
[/QUOTE]
Did you drive the blizzaks on dry roads often? I heard dry roads eat through Blizzaks. I just put my set on last weekend and im curious on longetivity.
Drove it on the same type of roads as my pirelli's. Dry, wet, snow, slush.. you name it. The winters are on my car for 5 months(december through april).
The pirelli's are on their 5th season and have 6/32nds left. So this will be their last.
The blizzaks lasted me two seasons driving the same commute. I should mention they were the ws60's. Maybe they've improved treadwear with the current iteration. But I won't be getting them again.

Last edited:

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
I have 215/55R16 Toyo observe GSI6HP on steel wheels and I love them. They are a performance winter tire and have amazing ice and snow grip. I haven't got stuck with the car yet in 2 winters and drove through quite a few roads with 5-6" of snow on them no issues. Highway on snow covered surface doesn't wander or slip even at over 100km/h and fuel economy is better than the stock contis. They are also quieter and haven't worn too much so far. Maybe 2/32" for 20,000km and I mainly drive highways that are clear and on pavement so they are fairing very well so far.

For fitment I just went with the recommended size for the EX 16" wheels and it works. They are on the expensive side but since I was in northern Canada when I bought them I didn't want to cheap out since sometimes the next city was 150km away and I was driving almost alone on the highway often. Still worth every penny.

Erin Tyres

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I have chosen this wheel and tire combo from tirerack. What are your guys thoughts? Will there be any fitting issues?
Some aftermarket wheels use "conical" lug nuts vs. the OEM "ball seat" lug nuts. Considering that some mechanics don't follow instructions and that some owners don't install their own winter tires, you might want to buy wheels that use the OEM lug nuts. Also, some aftermarket wheels are not made with exactly the right "bore" for the car's hub. The bore is made oversize to fit many different models, and each wheel comes with a plastic hub centering ring of the appropriate size that you and the mechanics will have to use and not lose.
To avoid both of those possible hassles, I bought Honda OEM steel wheels. To be exact, I bought 42700-TR0-A02 wheels and 206/65/R15 tires as discussed in the thread 15" steelies. There are many other setups that would also work well, but I am happy with what I bought.

skyliath

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
There are also winter wheel and tire packages in 4wheelonline. I run on Nitto Tires NT-SN2 that I bought from them last year.
Sponsored