Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Yesterday when leaving my family for a visit, I had the parking brake on because I was on a hill. 90% of the time I do not use. I turned off parking brake and started driving, when I hit the brakes coming to a stop sign I heard horrible noises coming from my back left brake and immediately thought my e-brake was partially locked on ( I didn't feel excessive drag so it wasn't totally locked). I put the parking brake on then back off and all was good. I'm worried this is the start of my e-brake malfunction... Any one experience this?

TIA!
Sponsored

logan5

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Could've been a stone in the brake area if all is working now. You should really use your parking brake every time you park. This takes the strain off of the transmission.

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Could've been a stone in the brake area if all is working now. You should really use your parking brake every time you park. This takes the strain off of the transmission.
Could have been a rock. I disagree, it really doesn't put strain on the trans when on a flat surface, I do use the e-brake when on a slope. Used this method for 20 years never had transmission problems.

Thanks for your input.

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
Yesterday when leaving my family for a visit, I had the parking brake on because I was on a hill. 90% of the time I do not use. I turned off parking brake and started driving, when I hit the brakes coming to a stop sign I heard horrible noises coming from my back left brake and immediately thought my e-brake was partially locked on ( I didn't feel excessive drag so it wasn't totally locked). I put the parking brake on then back off and all was good. I'm worried this is the start of my e-brake malfunction... Any one experience this?

TIA!
I'd start using the e-brake more often to help keep the mechanism freed up.

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'd start using the e-brake more often to help keep the mechanism freed up.
Makes sense, the reason I avoided using it in the first place was I was worried about it getting stuck since I've heard about that happening in the past. I probably should cycle it more often so it doesn't lock up. Thanks for the input.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Seems unlikely that it was a dragging brake to begin with. A dragging brake really shouldn't be any louder than just braking in general.

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Seems unlikely that it was a dragging brake to begin with. A dragging brake really shouldn't be any louder than just braking in general.
Since I have slotted rotors, you could really hear the grooves, I think it was probably a rock or something like @logan5 said.

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Next time I have the rear wheels off I'll inspect the rotor, if it was a rock I might see some grooves. I'll have to make sure the pad didn't get damaged.
Sponsored