First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello all, my names Andrew and I am from Texas, with my 2016 Civic Sedan Touring. I wanted to first say thanks for all the great information and ideas I have got from this exact forum. I researched so many things using this place and really ended up feeling confident to go through with all the mods I have done on my Civic which I have had for about a year.

I got the car in Austin and let me tell you the drive home was a dream, I never experienced a car like that before, it was almost driving itself down the highway. Once I got home I sat in my garage and started to play with all the onboard toys, changing all the settings I could to make it my own, when suddenly the whole car seemed possessed. Lights began to flicker and the car wouldnt start, error messages began to appear all over the dash and something seemed terribly wrong. It was quite a nightmare, turns out I had sat in the garage for so long changing all the gizmos that it had drained the battery and I had to get a 24 hour road service to come and give me a jump start. Lol after that it was smooth sailing, but man what a first day!

Ever since I got the car I have been trying to make it unique and my own, the mods I have installed so far are:
Type R Emblems, Honda License plate covers, Black Vinyl Roof Wrap, and a aftermarket Mugen badge (which I think looks great on the car under the Touring logo)

Peformance mods are K-Tuner v2 Stage 2 tune and the rims are 18x8 MOTEGI RACING MR118 with 215/45ZR-18 BFGoodrich g-Force COMP-2 wheels

If you guys have not wrapped your roof in Black Vinyl I would highly recommend it, especially if its in the Orchid White like mine is. Depending on where you go to have it wrapped, the shark-fin in the back might cause them a little bit of a problem. In my case the guys said they tried to take it off but to do so would require them to pull the headliner out from inside the car to have the shark-fin come off, so instead they ended up just spraying it with a matching Plasti-Dip.

The K-Tuner has been the most insane and noticable difference in the car. I read posts on here describing how much different the car drives and feels and the power it will now have but I really tapered my expectations. But it was right on the money, the difference is completely night and day and that car now just absolutely flies. It takes about a solid 5-10 minutes to warm the engine up but after that this thing will drive like a bat out of hell! Spinning the tires off the line in a FWD 4-banger? Yes please!

The rims are the most recent installation and obviously the biggest cost. All in it was around 1200$ from tirerack and they mounted and balanced them for free, plus shipped them out for free. All music to my ears. The car now grips the road alot better since of the 8" width compared to the stock touring 17x7s. For some reason, the car drives alot meaner now too lol, but maybe thats just me :p

Hope this post inspired someone to mod their civic the way I did, I think the White and Black and Red colors of this car just really make it stand out. Cheers!

Honda Civic 10th gen Story of my Civic! IMG_0995_1

Honda Civic 10th gen Story of my Civic! IMG_0999_1_1

BoxsterSteve

still plays with cars...
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Porsche Boxster S, 2018 Civic Touring sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello all, my names Andrew and I am from Texas, with my 2016 Civic Sedan Touring. I wanted to first say thanks for all the great information and ideas I have got from this exact forum. I researched so many things using this place and really ended up feeling confident to go through with all the mods I have done on my Civic which I have had for about a year.

I got the car in Austin and let me tell you the drive home was a dream, I never experienced a car like that before, it was almost driving itself down the highway. Once I got home I sat in my garage and started to play with all the onboard toys, changing all the settings I could to make it my own, when suddenly the whole car seemed possessed. Lights began to flicker and the car wouldnt start, error messages began to appear all over the dash and something seemed terribly wrong. It was quite a nightmare, turns out I had sat in the garage for so long changing all the gizmos that it had drained the battery and I had to get a 24 hour road service to come and give me a jump start. Lol after that it was smooth sailing, but man what a first day!

Ever since I got the car I have been trying to make it unique and my own, the mods I have installed so far are:
Type R Emblems, Honda License plate covers, Black Vinyl Roof Wrap, and a aftermarket Mugen badge (which I think looks great on the car under the Touring logo)

Peformance mods are K-Tuner v2 Stage 2 tune and the rims are 18x8 MOTEGI RACING MR118 with 215/45ZR-18 BFGoodrich g-Force COMP-2 wheels

If you guys have not wrapped your roof in Black Vinyl I would highly recommend it, especially if its in the Orchid White like mine is. Depending on where you go to have it wrapped, the shark-fin in the back might cause them a little bit of a problem. In my case the guys said they tried to take it off but to do so would require them to pull the headliner out from inside the car to have the shark-fin come off, so instead they ended up just spraying it with a matching Plasti-Dip.

The K-Tuner has been the most insane and noticable difference in the car. I read posts on here describing how much different the car drives and feels and the power it will now have but I really tapered my expectations. But it was right on the money, the difference is completely night and day and that car now just absolutely flies. It takes about a solid 5-10 minutes to warm the engine up but after that this thing will drive like a bat out of hell! Spinning the tires off the line in a FWD 4-banger? Yes please!

The rims are the most recent installation and obviously the biggest cost. All in it was around 1200$ from tirerack and they mounted and balanced them for free, plus shipped them out for free. All music to my ears. The car now grips the road alot better since of the 8" width compared to the stock touring 17x7s. For some reason, the car drives alot meaner now too lol, but maybe thats just me :p

Hope this post inspired someone to mod their civic the way I did, I think the White and Black and Red colors of this car just really make it stand out. Cheers!

IMG_0995_1.jpg

IMG_0999_1_1.jpg
I’ve had my Lunar Silver Touring for all of 5 weeks.
I really like the black wrap you did on the roof; might look good on Lunar Silver?!
Did you black out the door handles too?
Well executed.
The whole package looks great.

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag

IMG_0995_1.jpg

IMG_0999_1_1.jpg
Glad to hear you love the vehicle! I too was like that on my first day...but I didn't drain the battery lol.

OP
OP
azyriel

azyriel

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag