Steering wheel covers

Andy123az

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura MDX Tech, 2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why do people do this? Genuine question. Is it for looks? Is the stock steering wheel too slippery or small in the hands? I can't image the factory wheel is that terrible. Are you worried about wear on the wheel? I personally don't like them at all.
I don't have a steering wheel cover but am looking for one. The leather on the steering wheel wears out.
Sponsored

Lunar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Why do people do this? Genuine question. Is it for looks? Is the stock steering wheel too slippery or small in the hands? I can't image the factory wheel is that terrible. Are you worried about wear on the wheel? I personally don't like them at all.
To protect the leather, and it also add some girth to it.

I'd prefer using it without the cover, but I've also seen what happens to the leather after a while.

grevic16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe
I just use a small sized black leather steering wheel cover. I prefer to use covers, because yes, the stock steering wheel is uncomfortable with the dimpled areas. Well, more annoying than uncomfortable I guess.

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
Where did you pick your up?
Got it from Ebay, if you search sew on steering wheel covers for a Civic, it should show up for $25. I ended up removing it, because it didn't go well with my ivory seats. I bought a leather EX-L steering wheel from a dealer and they installed it for me.

aceaceace

First Name
ac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fit
Country flag
I know this is old lol, but in my case, I have sweaty hands which is wears out the steering wheel faster (regardless of the material)

CG2FC3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I got this cover off Amazon. It's pretty comfortable.

Honda Civic 10th gen Steering wheel covers 20190103_192541

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
That's what she said.

Had to, I can never let opportunities go to waste.
They waited nearly 4 years...

On topic, the sewn on covers can look really good. I've used a few. Takes a while to do but not super complicated and they feel like an OEM steering wheel. I think the universal ones look very cheap.
Sponsored