SRS airbag light keeps coming on

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
I have seen periodic posts about this but with other models and I was wondering if anyone else has had this come up ? When I start my car, the airbag light comes on with a warning that says "SRS Airbag". This does not happen all the time though. I'll just drive the car, then next time I start it, it may or may not come up. I noticed it coming on more often within the past 2 months but it will sometimes just turn off on its own. I know usually that is a sign that something is on its way out to be broken eventually.

I have a 2017 and drive a lot so the issue may not be with everyone else yet given that my level of driving has aged the car faster than a normal driver would but curious if this was a recall or covered by the dealer. I have 131k miles on the car. Thanks.
Sponsored

r0b0yt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Si Coupe, '98 Integra GS-R Hatch
Country flag
I have seen periodic posts about this but with other models and I was wondering if anyone else has had this come up ? When I start my car, the airbag light comes on with a warning that says "SRS Airbag". This does not happen all the time though. I'll just drive the car, then next time I start it, it may or may not come up. I noticed it coming on more often within the past 2 months but it will sometimes just turn off on its own. I know usually that is a sign that something is on its way out to be broken eventually.

I have a 2017 and drive a lot so the issue may not be with everyone else yet given that my level of driving has aged the car faster than a normal driver would but curious if this was a recall or covered by the dealer. I have 131k miles on the car. Thanks.
Find a reputable dealer in your area and give them a call.

This could be tied to any number of sensors, airbags, seat belts or the SRS control unit itself.

Depending on what is at fault, safety items can potentially carry a longer warranty than the standard 3/36K.
Sponsored