Spotted, scratching my head....

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Would this be considered business in the front, party in the back? Since he only has the R badge on the rear? ?
Sponsored

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
Could be a fk8 swapped in a fk7. Thereā€™d another member on this site that has a legit fk8 swap into a fk7 sport touring in Canada . Vin read fk7 too so itā€™s legit.
Sounds like more effort than it's worth.

Phil2019

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
I see this car regularly at a place I have to frequent for work. Mostly donā€™t understand, what is the allure of trying to fake a Type-R?

I mildly understand the splitter and diffuser and red badge if you are just looking for cosmetic alterations, but realistically this is a standard civic hatchbackā€¦ What really puzzles me is the Type-R badge on the rear. Anybody who has an R Can spotless thing a mile away, like I did a few weeks ago. I saw it and thought to myself ā€œSomething just isnā€™t right there and I canā€™t tell what the hell is going on but I need a closer lookā€¦ā€

Anyway, if the owner is on the forum, I mean no offense but genuinely am wondering what itā€™s so attractive about trying to fool people into thinking you have something you donā€™t? I probably wouldnā€™t think twice about seeing this if it didnā€™t have the badge, just another modded civic, But the badge takes it to another level.

8F18349F-E02D-44A7-8C87-4C3A0D51F715.jpeg

55FA1B28-769F-4C12-8833-2AED8C23CFB0.jpeg

55A0710F-3F1A-42DF-87F7-4B1E987AF07E.jpeg
Its a CIVIC, why u acting surprised it's what CIVIC guys do

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
Just pure attention

I feel like with anything that we do cosmetic, whether it be stancing cars, slamming cars, bags, stretched tires, good fitment etc. upbadging is right up there. Probably just wants to get some reactions out of non-car people or people who can't tell a difference so that the car would "look cooler" in their eyes

Never understood it though... I can understand putting type r parts maybe like a lip, exhaust, shifter (like I do), but just a badge? Naw :flame:
Same here and I say this as someone with CTR style aero pieces. The people who donā€™t know what a CTR is wont be impressed and those that do know what it is will think youā€™re an idiot. Like you said, taking some of the styling pieces is understandable, especially since the Mugen stuff for this gen is kinda fugly, but putting the actual badge on is unforgivable.

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
hardly a new thing, for decades people this this when there was no Type R available in the USA.
Very true. But it itā€™s not just Type Rs. Check out old Muscle cars. There are more Hemi ā€˜Cudas and Hemi Challengers now than left the factory probably. Lots of people turned their base Challengers into R/T cars. How many base Chevy Malibu 2 doors got turned into a Chevelle SS or a LeMans into a GTO?

Why? Some people wish they had a higher trim car than what they could afford many times. No harm done there. The only problem is trying to pass off a base car for a real car. Sometimes the only way to tell is verifying the VIN number, which in some cases it gets tampered with. In those cases with muscle cars itā€™s a felony and you can go to jail for it.

I donā€™t think thatā€™ll ever happen with this car. Itā€™s probably someone that canā€™t afford a Type R or just has a Civic and admires Type Rs. Itā€™s all good, no harm done. Heā€™s driving the car, not you guys, right? Itā€™s him that gets embarrassed so no biggie, imo.
Sponsored