Spare tire recommendations

kibz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
So I just received my spare tire kit from Honda Parts Network. Looking to get a tire for it. Any recommendations? Saw on tirerack that the prices start at about $120. Think I read somewhere a little while back that someone got one for like ~$80. Also, can someone confirm what the tire size is? I've researched and it appears to be 165/80R17 but just needed confirmation. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

TPA_CivicSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
A local scrap yard quoted me $75 if memory serves. Didn't end up picking one up yet though.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Got mine from a local wrecking yard for $65 I believe. It was a 16" spare from the previous gen Civic. It won't fit over the front calipers, but you aren't supposed to put a donut spare on the front anyways. If you get a flat up there, you'll need to move a rear wheel front and put the donut on the rear.

thebutcher

NSFW
First Name
The Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Chevy C10 custom deluxe, 2014 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited, 2019 Honda Civic Si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you google the TBJ part number, you’ll get 10+ hits for Hondaxxxx.com places selling the same thing.

birdo_smash

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Interesting, all of these sites have the exact same interface for purchasing the kit. And the estimated shipping is outrageous. I guess this is normal? Obviously my first rodeo here...

Edit - $28 from SC isn't that bad I guess.

Last edited:
OP
OP

kibz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
That is the kit I got for my 2019 4dr SI Sedan. For some reason I thought the Coupes had a slightly different part number than the Sedan. Anyways, yeah shipping is pretty crazy. My shipping was $70. Total came out to $247 vs what the dealer quoted me $500 something(foh!). Hondaparts just responded to my email about the tire size and this is the response I got from them:

"The tire size for the spare should be T125/70R17 98M. The Honda part number for the Kenda tire is 42751-KEN-010."
Sponsored