Leef

First Name
Leef
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe Modern Steel Metallic
Country flag
Is it possible to configure the SiriusXM display on the Display Audio screen of my 1028 SI? I noticed that a lot of the information on tracks is cut off (such as the year of certain songs). Is there a way to either decrease the display font size or set the information to automatically scroll? I have Honda Hack (paid) and cannot seem to find those options (if they exist at all).
Sponsored

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
i think it's crazy how ugly the SiriusXM screen is

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Is it possible to configure the SiriusXM display on the Display Audio screen of my 2018 SI? I noticed that a lot of the information on tracks is cut off (such as the year of certain songs). Is there a way to either decrease the display font size or set the information to automatically scroll? I have Honda Hack (paid) and cannot seem to find those options (if they exist at all).
I see the same .... and since you have the HU Honda Hacked, don't waste your time Installing the SiriusXM streaming app .. that's 1000% worse.
(designed for Portrait mode only -- in Landscape it really messes up -- and on Android they have locked out Landscape mode - but on Iphone, they fixed that and now allow Landscape (but the layout is poor as it is still designed for Portrait.

Since the SiriusXM is an integral part of the Honda SI's Unit, it should really be down to Honda to get it right, and have it display correctly on the Honda Display .. Its not as if Honda allows the user to fix it themselves -- the system is so locked down.

I think they really messed up with the SiriusXM interface, and of all things in the HU, this is probably the one they should FIX with the next (First ?) Update.

When the 3 month Free Trail expired, I decided it was not worth it, for the content they were offering on such a regular scheduled repeat, that even for negotiable $5 / month I was not interested in listening to it. With 3000+ music files , all of which I like, on a USB drive, I far prefer that -- and don't get all the Inane Chit-Chat, or the satellite drop outs when going under power lines !

However, if you want to listen to Sports stuff, or News/Business when driving, I can see its attraction.

OP
OP
Leef

Leef

First Name
Leef
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe Modern Steel Metallic
Country flag
Thanks for the reply, Scopesys. I decided that as long as I'm getting 6 months for thirty bucks, I'll easily get $5/month of value out of it. The traffic channels are nice (although the real-time Google map traffic and Waze are better, it still is a nice augmentation), the weather is nice to have, and I admit there are channels I enjoy (Underground and Deep Tracks especially). I also noticed - but this may be just perception - that the dynamic range is improved on a paid subscription vs the free trial. The bass suddenly seems deeper (perhaps just a volume boost in mid bass?). But the cymbals still mush more than ring. For sound quality, mp3's are still the best (iPod and thumb drive), and Bluetooth of course is the worst. I digress, though. I'm hoping someone might have a solution to the visual interface.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
I digress, though. I'm hoping someone might have a solution to the visual interface.
Yes -- HONDA !!! The problem is getting enough Honda Users / Dealers to push Honda to fix it - especially as it is Cosmetic, and not a Critical problem that can cause accidents....
All the issue may do is to convince a few customers not to buy Honda again.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
For sound quality, mp3's are still the best (iPod and thumb drive), and Bluetooth of course is the worst.
Agreed ... and FM being worse than Blutooth, and AM being almost unbearable !!

I believe that there is not a lot of difference between head Unit amp audio.
What does vary is any Audio processing / Equalizers they incorporate, and of course the most important are the speakers.

That being said, the 2018 Honda Civic SI audio is not that bad, once you find all the RATTLY parts in the car, and damp them, so you can turn up the BASS to full (if your ears can stand it)
Some good music certainly makes a ride enjoyable, but the major enjoyment factor in most Honda Civics, is the DRIVE, especially in the SI & the R.

But there will always be some that seek more, and for those, there are plenty of expensive and overrated amplifiers and speaker systems, and lot of Car Entertainment shops, eager to take your money and pander to your "Audiophile" fantasies. :bs:

avidark22

First Name
Amol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex-T
Country flag
Thanks for the reply, Scopesys. I decided that as long as I'm getting 6 months for thirty bucks, I'll easily get $5/month of value out of it. The traffic channels are nice (although the real-time Google map traffic and Waze are better, it still is a nice augmentation), the weather is nice to have, and I admit there are channels I enjoy (Underground and Deep Tracks especially). I also noticed - but this may be just perception - that the dynamic range is improved on a paid subscription vs the free trial. The bass suddenly seems deeper (perhaps just a volume boost in mid bass?). But the cymbals still mush more than ring. For sound quality, mp3's are still the best (iPod and thumb drive), and Bluetooth of course is the worst. I digress, though. I'm hoping someone might have a solution to the visual interface.
I actually found this thing about Bass when I had a new subwoofer installed. I was browsing through different channels and the enjoying the bass. Suddenly I switched to the PREVIEW (free) channel and the woofer stopped working, freaked me out a little but then i figured it out.
Sponsored