SiriusXM subscription

DjinTonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring, silver.
Country flag
I'm probably going to opt for the Mostly Music SiriusXM subscription, about $11/month (plus fees and taxes, I presume). Am I correct in thinking I can get a better deal by first letting my free trial subscription run out and then signing up? I'm seeing customer "retention" talk
Sponsored

Last edited:

andre12dbsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan / 2017 Acura MDX Navi SH-AWD
If you wait until the end of the trial and call to cancel because you find it too expensive they will usually drop the rate for you. They have for me for years. I've never paid full price.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I'm probably going to opt for the Mostly Music SiriusXM subscription, about $11/month (plus fees and taxes, I presume). Am I correct in thinking I can get a better deal by first letting my free trial subscription run out and then signing up? I'm seeing customer "retention" talk
Jesus dude, I live in Canada where stuff is more expensive and I pay $36 for 6 months after tax for Sirus XM Select which is pretty much the bulk of the channels without Howard Stern or MLB

Joefischer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T; 1990 Miata
They called me and mailed me a letter 6 months of the select package for 29.94. I opted for it. We'll see what they offer in 6 months.

djasonw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2017 Toyota iM
Country flag
I paid the six month package for approximately $30 plus tax. No way I'd pay a penny more. Either they renew it for that price or I have TONS of other methods for listening to streaming music/news etc. Believe me, they're aware of that and will do anything to keep you as a customer. It's better for them to earn something, than nothing. Play hardball and you will get the best price. Trust me!

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I have paid $89-$99 a year TOPS since 2010. Every year they try jacking it up to $300 and every year I call and remind them they are no longer the best option when I can do Spotify, Pandora, or a myriad of others for free and not have to hear Rolling in the Deep on four of my presets at the same time.

Trick is to call and select cancel my service and say you saw an offer for 89 online and they'll push back a bit. Stay strong. They need to WAY more than you need them.
Sponsored