My issue w/ SiriusXM display 10th Gen Civic

First Name
LD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
I like listening to the different channels on Sirius and I luv that you have the ability to move the play icon to rewind or FF. The issue that I have is that it is so small I wind up touching the wrong space and it goes to the all channel screen. this can happen over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over....

While driving it's difficult to hold and drag such a small icon.

Honda Civic 10th gen My issue w/ SiriusXM display 10th Gen Civic thumbnail_IMG_5924 Honda Civic 10th gen My issue w/ SiriusXM display 10th Gen Civic thumbnail_IMG_5925

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
Are you using it on talk radio or something? I always just use the skip forward and backward buttons to jump to the previous or next song, but I can see where on talk radio you'd want to use that slider to move back a little to re-hear something someone said that you missed.

I'm pretty sure if you hold your finger on the skip forward or backward button, it will RW/FF as long as you hold it, so maybe that will work better for you?

verbalj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you using it on talk radio or something? I always just use the skip forward and backward buttons to jump to the previous or next song, but I can see where on talk radio you'd want to use that slider to move back a little to re-hear something someone said that you missed.

I'm pretty sure if you hold your finger on the skip forward or backward button, it will RW/FF as long as you hold it, so maybe that will work better for you?
Do the controllers on the wheel do this? I know with CarPlay, you can scrub through songs with the controls on the wheel.

OP
OP
5000 miles per month
First Name
LD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Do the controllers on the wheel do this? I know with CarPlay, you can scrub through songs with the controls on the wheel.
No, in Sirius that scrolls through channels but I just tried it and hit the menu button and that popped up a larger screen that's more user friendly.

So I amend my OP and say I luv the system now. Everything is great in Civic world

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
Unfortunately no. Clicking them goes to your next preset, and holding them down goes to the next sequential channel. So it's only "holding" the one on the touch screen that will FF and RW.

It's also not real easy to control. It's probably best for jumping forward or backward small amounts (less than a minute), and the method OP was using with the slider is better for jumping in multi-minute blocks to get close to what you want, then hold the touch button to get there exactly.

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
The ability to skip songs on SirumsXM is THE best feature on the car, by far (other than it gets 40 mpg). But I agree that they should not have bothered having the slide control.
Sponsored