1.5T Single Muffler Delete

ricetypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatch
Country flag
I have a 2020 civic hatch 1.5T. I’m not a huge fan of the hidden dual exhaust and the lack of sound. I’m considering a muffler delete or potentially a blox racing catback for 1.5T nonsport trims (I have an EX).

Could I get away with literally just unbolting one of the dual mufflers to see how it would sound? I want to have an idea of how bad the CVT drone is before moving forward. The piping prior to the muffler seems to point somewhat upward so I’m not sure if it would be safe to just remove it even if it’s only for a short period of time.

For reference in this video at 1:15 you can see how the piping points upwards.
Sponsored

Last edited:

FK7 Civic Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
You could do that, but I already tried that when I was changing out my exhaust, really there isn't much difference in sound with one muffler unbolted, or at least not enough to make a comparison to going with an aftermarket exhaust or deleting both mufflers.

OP
OP

ricetypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatch
Country flag
You could do that, but I already tried that when I was changing out my exhaust, really there isn't much difference in sound with one muffler unbolted, or at least not enough to make a comparison to going with an aftermarket exhaust or deleting both mufflers.
I guess I could check if the other muffler is easily removable and see how that sounds. The only real problem is I don’t want the exhaust gases pointing upward so I’m looking for some sort of turn down exhaust tips. Having trouble finding ones with 2 bolt holes tho. I also don’t know the pipe diameter but it looks like ~2 inches.

FK7 Civic Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Other muffler is welded to the exhaust pipe, next flanged connection to remove it is at the front pipe, so it’s rather involved and not particularly quick to do. The resonator would be also be removed as well if you did that. But there was a YouTube video floating around which a guy did pretty much what you seem to want to. He had a 2016 1.5 civic sedan with CVT. He took off the left side muffler and drove around for a bit. If you watch it you’ll get a pretty good idea what your car’s going to sound like if you did the same thing. I believe the video was titled “Muffler delete 2016 civic 1.5L turbo” and was a couple minutes long.

That said, it’s still an apples to oranges comparison to any other exhaust mod you‘re considering, it’s not going to sound anything like the Blox exhaust There’s a few videos of civics with Blox exhausts floating around, with decent speakers the videos are very close to what it sounds like installed, which is also going to be different in sound than doing a delete of both mufflers.
Sponsored