Should I buy...? (2009 Si)

BKM

First Name
Beckham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac Grand am 92
I'm in the market for financing a car, my range caps out at $10,000 and I'm able to stretch to 11,12 if necessary but not as comfortably. I'm in the northern Utah/Wyoming area.

https://www.actionautoutah.com/inventory/details/37959971

I was told this Civic has a modded exhaust and intake, is it worth it, and what should I be asking/looking for when I check it out?

((((New to the forums, the community looks pretty fun so, hi :)))))

Another option I've been thinking about:
http://www.kengarffgm.com/VehicleDetails/used-2009-Honda-Civic_Coupe-Si_Manual-Ogden-UT/3148733573
Sponsored

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Look at true car, KBB, and edmunds. I usually gun for whatever is the lowest price. Based your price on that. Don't worry about mods. If you like them, cool... but they don't really add to the value of a car. Certainly not intake and exhaust. Maybe if we were talking a car someone added a turbo or SC to or a lot of stereo equipment.

I can't tell you what you should pay w/o knowing the mileage of the car and your location... but use that as your tool.

Finally, there's many, many thousands of good 8th gen Civics still in existence. Don't fall in love with *one* car and overpaying. There's still so many left, you can be choosy... even if it means you have to drive a bit to find the right one.

OP
OP

BKM

First Name
Beckham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac Grand am 92
Look at true car, KBB, and edmunds. I usually gun for whatever is the lowest price. Based your price on that. Don't worry about mods. If you like them, cool... but they don't really add to the value of a car. Certainly not intake and exhaust. Maybe if we were talking a car someone added a turbo or SC to or a lot of stereo equipment.

I can't tell you what you should pay w/o knowing the mileage of the car and your location... but use that as your tool.

Finally, there's many, many thousands of good 8th gen Civics still in existence. Don't fall in love with *one* car and overpaying. There's still so many left, you can be choosy... even if it means you have to drive a bit to find the right one.
I was more so worried about the mods effecting reliability, and performance gains don't matter to me, I think you pose a good point I'll keep looking around
Sponsored