Honda HRV...why would you buy one over a Civic Hatchback?

fletan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you don't care about the fun factor get the HRV. I drove the HRV and actually liked it but wasn't in love. I've said it for years- if Honda made an automatic SI I'd buy it in a heartbeat....Enter the 1.5t.....faster than last Gen SI...Wifey vetoed the 6speed. :( ........now before I get blasted for sacrilege I've had a few sticks (Acura Tl, Mustang GT, & the Wayback.Taurus SHO) I bought the Civic Hatch CVT and it's as much fun and as solid as the Acura was. My hatch has an intake and it's a blast to drive. I'm over the top excited about this new car and glad I didn't buy the HRV.

I just wish I could of bought a 6 speed like your considering....do it brah...just do it

OMG a SHO!!!! :headbang: Sleeper King of the 90's !
Sponsored

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Personally, the touch only HVAC is a deal breaker for me in the HR-V. Midwest winters are brutal and taking off my gloves to turn the head up is a no go.

I also personally don't love the interior. No LED headlight option yet, and the car can look kind of bland.

I don't love the hatchbacks look but given the options available, unless I had to have AWD, I'd go hatch.

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
I'm probably one of a few that actually likes the HRV, but when comparing them dollar to dollar, they just don't seem to be worth the money vs the Civic Hatchback.

MSRP after destination is less than $300 when I compare the two (6-speed LX models which is what I would get) and their dimensions aren't that far off. The only thing I really see an advantage for the HRV is it's height and a tad more rear legroom.

The cons seem to far outweigh the HRV imo.
-1.8 sohc vs 1.5T
-MPG
-Torsion bar rear vs IRS
-Built in Mexico vs UK

Can anyone tell me why they'd choose the HRV over the Civic Hatchback?
gET THE hRV, IT IS SUPERIOR AND YOU KNOW IT.
Sponsored