Seibon hood

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought a seibon CF hood for my sport hood last christmas, took mr alot of effort to transport it to canada here and still havent had time to put it on the car.
I recently purchased a ctr, it arrives end of this month but now i am not sure if i want to put this hood on sport hatch or will it actually fit ctr?

My wife took over my fully bolt on sport hatch, she said she wouldnt mind the Seibon hood, I do want to keep it to my ctr if possible. Anyone has done this before?
The seibon hood is meant for civic hatch ..
Sponsored

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
the locking latch fo the CTR is in a slighty different spot then on the regular civic. its not a big differance, but its enough to cause it to not lock

Last edited:

Frackz

First Name
Snoop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2018 Audi RS3
Country flag
if it doesnt lock you should be ok with hood pins though :)

Frackz

First Name
Snoop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
not necessary i guess.. its been found to do nothing on almost every track test thread you read here....

if the op is just street driving \ daily it should be ok..if your tracking then yea id opt for a vented hood :) or mod your hood.

Last edited:
OP
OP
123sillyboy123

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I do have the CF hood with the vent...
Can i modify the hood latch to type r location? I have aerocatch hood pin as well and will install it for sure but it would be better to be able to keep it lock even with oem latch mechanism...

Pls advice

I use it mainly for daily.. i prefer my sport hatch for track for now as i spent alot of time & money modifying it. It will take me at least one year to catch up the ctr mod list...
I am going to put money on how it looks first on type r so .. car wrap, rims, lowering it are first thing first. Then jailbreak ecu and hondata TC are next.. performance parts will be after all that.

OP
OP
123sillyboy123

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
the locking latch fo the CTR is in a slighty different spot then on the regular civic. its not a big differance, but its enough to cause it to not lock
Anyone has modifying that before?
I know some civic hatch bought ctr hatch to mod the latch to fit 1.5 civic... but i never heard of anyone doing it the other way around.

Frackz

First Name
Snoop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
according to all the therads I have seen regarding a Type R hood on a SI is that it is not a direct bolt on. Seibon makes a type R specific hood with the latch in the right position.

FirstSi2018

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Seibon hood C5A65382-B47C-40AC-92A4-47A80E3E786C
Does anyone know how to fix this? I tried polishing it out and you can’t physically feel it. Any ideas?
Sponsored