S&B

First Name
CB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback, 1984 BMW 533i
Country flag
Been searching for side skirt extensions that would complement a bayson front lip on my base model Hatchback. I’ve seen plenty of post about the ABS Dynamics and downforce solutions sides and think they all look good on our hatchbacks. I seen these on eBay I posted below, looks like specifically for Sedans, wondering if anyone would know if they would fit on HBs. Not bad for $85 and they come painted.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/264854780954

Honda Civic 10th gen Sedan Side Skirt Extensions fit Hatchback 821657A7-971A-4933-90D7-1E2CF82E9CA2

Honda Civic 10th gen Sedan Side Skirt Extensions fit Hatchback 6011A3FD-458D-400C-B677-8147B6D39AAA

Honda Civic 10th gen Sedan Side Skirt Extensions fit Hatchback 08EE3338-92AD-434F-A62C-D61A2B5D888A

Honda Civic 10th gen Sedan Side Skirt Extensions fit Hatchback 200790A1-FF2E-4FC1-9C59-BF00A82A8C8B

Honda Civic 10th gen Sedan Side Skirt Extensions fit Hatchback 64A94E55-E6CA-47F1-A30E-938592AED3D0

Honda Civic 10th gen Sedan Side Skirt Extensions fit Hatchback 57CD2C9C-3DF7-47BC-8491-F29FA3F78106

Honda Civic 10th gen Sedan Side Skirt Extensions fit Hatchback 6B289D24-6D57-4758-ACA7-29A457D6A7C0

Ainsvillainy

First Name
Ainsley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Hatch
Country flag
Did you guys end up pulling the trigger?

From what I have seen, you can definitely swap OEM skirts between trim levels and HB/sedan models, but if these are specifically designed to be attached to the Sedan model it is tough to say.

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
There's a factory option for similar skirts on some trim levels. I'd just look into those as you know they'll fit and the finish will be perfect and they're black gloss finished already too.

If you find some used ones I can't imagine they'll cost any more than those aftermarket ones. The factory ones on my car actually look a bit more beefy than those ones too. Those look a little anemic compared.

Ainsvillainy

First Name
Ainsley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Hatch
Country flag
There's a factory option for similar skirts on some trim levels. I'd just look into those as you know they'll fit and the finish will be perfect and they're black gloss finished already too.

If you find some used ones I can't imagine they'll cost any more than those aftermarket ones. The factory ones on my car actually look a bit more beefy than those ones too. Those look a little anemic compared.
I have looked around for OE trims but the diagrams are somewhat difficult to tell apart for me using the blueprint visuals on the websites. I know one option is to replace your entire side skirt with the sport model ones that have the black garnish attached. Dealer quoted me just under $1000 for those but I can find them for ~$300 for each side online, still out of my price range. I haven't seen any OE skirts that you attach to the LX/EX/EX-T trims without removing the entire existing factory skirt and replacing it.

Did the factory skirts come with your car or did you purchase them and swap them out yourself? I know the sport trim has the skirts on them stock.

Also, I am pretty sure(?) this thread answers OP's question: https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/side-under-body-spoilers-from-hatchback-on-sedan.37953/

Depends on how the manufacturer created the product, but it seems they will fit. I may just bite the bullet on these guys and see how it goes, worst case I pay for return shipping within 30 days.

OP
OP
S&B

S&B

First Name
CB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback, 1984 BMW 533i
Country flag
I have looked around for OE trims but the diagrams are somewhat difficult to tell apart for me using the blueprint visuals on the websites. I know one option is to replace your entire side skirt with the sport model ones that have the black garnish attached. Dealer quoted me just under $1000 for those but I can find them for ~$300 for each side online, still out of my price range. I haven't seen any OE skirts that you attach to the LX/EX/EX-T trims without removing the entire existing factory skirt and replacing it.

Did the factory skirts come with your car or did you purchase them and swap them out yourself? I know the sport trim has the skirts on them stock.

Also, I am pretty sure(?) this thread answers OP's question: https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/side-under-body-spoilers-from-hatchback-on-sedan.37953/

Depends on how the manufacturer created the product, but it seems they will fit. I may just bite the bullet on these guys and see how it goes, worst case I pay for return shipping within 30 days.
can you post the results if you do