HotPeppers

HotPeppers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello, I have an SI Coupe and I'm looking for side skirts. I was wondering if anyone knew if side skirts listed for the sedan would fit well/perfectly on the coupe? The cars have the same wheelbase so I'm thinking the area for the side skirts would be the same, but wanted to know if anyone has tested this before I order a pair of skirts for a sedan and possibly waste my money. I'm up for cutting some plastic off to make them fit too. If anyone has some awesome side skirts on their coupe, I'd love to hear it!
Sponsored

SAKE BOMB

First Name
Ralphi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
Hello, I have an SI Coupe and I'm looking for side skirts. I was wondering if anyone knew if side skirts listed for the sedan would fit well/perfectly on the coupe? The cars have the same wheelbase so I'm thinking the area for the side skirts would be the same, but wanted to know if anyone has tested this before I order a pair of skirts for a sedan and possibly waste my money. I'm up for cutting some plastic off to make them fit too. If anyone has some awesome side skirts on their coupe, I'd love to hear it!
Did you ever find an answer?

OP
OP
HotPeppers

HotPeppers

HotPeppers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you ever find an answer?
Well, I purchased some IKON style side skirts off Amazon and am getting ready to install them soon. They seem to fit fine. So I’d say any side skirts marketed for the sedans, should fit the coupes too. I’ll be sure to post pictures once they’re installed.

malacore1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Well, I purchased some IKON style side skirts off Amazon and am getting ready to install them soon. They seem to fit fine. So I’d say any side skirts marketed for the sedans, should fit the coupes too. I’ll be sure to post pictures once they’re installed.
Did you ever install the side skirts? If so, may you post some pics and did you have any difficulties? TIA!

OP
OP
HotPeppers

HotPeppers

HotPeppers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you ever install the side skirts? If so, may you post some pics and did you have any difficulties? TIA!
I’ll set a reminder for myself to take and upload pics after work. The only real difficulty was finding the right hardware to use as my skirts didn’t come with any. I used some Doorman plastic clips I bought at a local auto parts store. They fit great, I’ll update this post with a part number later. Fitment is probably 90% there. Have to be pretty precise when screwing the skirt into the rear fender area or it bows out slightly. Like I said, I’ll post pics that show all this later. Install only took 20-30min after taking a few days to find the right hardware. Overall, for $100 skirts that weren’t advertised to fit, I’m happy with them.

EDIT: found some pictures in my camera roll. Not the most flattering, but they show the final product

EDIT 2: I took some better pictures of some of the work the skirts needed to fit well, and some of the flaws. I use mudguards with my skirts. The mudguards needed a 4x2ish rectangle cut out of them in order for the skirt to fit (in picture below). The skirt also has a slight gap near between it and the body of the car near the front fender (see attached pic). There is also some slight bowing on the drivers side near the rear. The hole I made to mount the skirt in the rear was slightly off, causing the skirt to be bowed out (see the attached pics of the drivers side and passenger side to see what it should look like). Lastly, the push pins I used are a house brand. I’ve attached a picture of those as well.

Honda Civic 10th gen Coupe vs Sedan Side Skirts AD7E7915-F0A1-4F63-974E-85F6F1E3EE36

Honda Civic 10th gen Coupe vs Sedan Side Skirts B01E2EAB-5ABE-45CC-B9BD-738E3F309521

Honda Civic 10th gen Coupe vs Sedan Side Skirts A003D3EF-F7A5-45FB-AB95-1F598B7B5950

Honda Civic 10th gen Coupe vs Sedan Side Skirts C3A38567-941A-4D8E-8823-7EBAFC4DFA6D

Honda Civic 10th gen Coupe vs Sedan Side Skirts 984E27E6-BB48-4775-8D52-16E4EA57ABC2

Honda Civic 10th gen Coupe vs Sedan Side Skirts 5E359AEB-62A7-446A-9EA7-7485F6B42667

Honda Civic 10th gen Coupe vs Sedan Side Skirts 53EC809A-22A6-4F98-8810-35C8DD92B31D

Honda Civic 10th gen Coupe vs Sedan Side Skirts 90D1EBDD-1571-41DB-8326-EFB3171B8302

Honda Civic 10th gen Coupe vs Sedan Side Skirts 9ECC1DA9-E8AA-4234-869F-13F1F35B6006

Honda Civic 10th gen Coupe vs Sedan Side Skirts 4DD3709A-6E83-445C-8924-D23FB926875B

Last edited: