Screen protector

SmokeySiFy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
I just got mine today. I'm gonna go install it right now and report back. Too bad I have to park two blocks from my apartment

At least I get some "exercise"

looopson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX-T
Just found a long scratch on my screen today. I have no idea how it got there but I was NOT happy as i've only had the car for three weeks.

Just ordered a screen protector from photodon.

Could Honda actually replace the screen too though? Has anyone priced this out? I would imagine it's do-able but expensive.

camhabib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Porsche 911, 2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Just found a long scratch on my screen today. I have no idea how it got there but I was NOT happy as i've only had the car for three weeks.

Could Honda actually replace the screen too though? Has anyone priced this out? I would imagine it's do-able but expensive.
About $300 in parts and you could do it yourself.

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Yikes, according to Honda Parts Network, it cost about $400 :(

Honda Civic 10th gen Screen protector ima

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, MSM with Black Interior
Country flag
Ya, I agree it's the whole unit. I just ordered the screen protector. I wonder what the screen is made of. I have some small scratches. With any quality tablet or smart phone made in the last several years, it's almost impossible to scratch the screen with normal use, including drops... I've never used a protector because I think they look horrid, and on anything since gorilla glass or the newer improvements, unless you're slamming your phone on the corner of rocks or something, unnecessary. This tablet should never see anything rougher than a finger or maybe a glove. It should never scratch.

I was quite sad to see that on this Honda, a protector is actually necessary.

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I think these softer screens that is different from gorilla glass like our phones have is so much more sensitive and fragile to scratches, especially with finger nails.

Ya, I agree it's the whole unit. I just ordered the screen protector. I wonder what the screen is made of. I have some small scratches. With any quality tablet or smart phone made in the last several years, it's almost impossible to scratch the screen with normal use, including drops... I've never used a protector because I think they look horrid, and on anything since gorilla glass or the newer improvements, unless you're slamming your phone on the corner of rocks or something, unnecessary. This tablet should never see anything rougher than a finger or maybe a glove. It should never scratch.

I was quite sad to see that on this Honda, a protector is actually necessary.

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, MSM with Black Interior
Country flag
Clearly... it just points to the cheapness, though. They could have used an early version of gorilla glass - pretty cheap in today's standards, and had a much higher quality product for not much more money. Some corner cuts I understand, but some... really don't make as much sense.

Just another few bucks per car on the infotainment system (tablet itself, despite the glass) and half the very frustrating complaints about this car would have never been an issue.

$26,500 MSRP for thousands of complaints or 26,750 with a solid infotainment experience. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

camhabib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The scratches you're seeing aren't in the glass but instead the anti-reflective coating. Happens even with the best coatings out there.

SmokeySiFy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
The photodon screen protector fits great and is hardly noticeable. I did end up with 3 small specs of dust under the screen. So it has 3 small bubbles. I would recommend using a can of compressed air in addition to the cleaning cloths they included in the kit. For the price it can't be beat.

ediblebirch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK7 ST
Country flag
The photodon screen protector fits great and is hardly noticeable. I did end up with 3 small specs of dust under the screen. So it has 3 small bubbles. I would recommend using a can of compressed air in addition to the cleaning cloths they included in the kit. For the price it can't be beat.
Same, I just pulled it off and dunked it in a water/soap solution and wiped off the screen with the solution as well. Place the screen protector back on and squeegee the water/bubbles out.

camhabib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you get specks of dust caught under the screen just lift it up and take a piece of scotch tape wrapped around your finger to remove them. I wouldn't do a wet application with this film.
Sponsored