First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1. Is it possible to plastidip the chrome grill and the chrome above the doors and get good results without removing it/them? I don't want to take anything apart. :)
2.Has anyone used any of the pearl colors over a base other than black?
3. Lastly, can you build enough coats with it to hide major scratches or blemishes in your paint? Someone killed the paint on my uncles side mirror and took off all the paint in a spot right in the middle. Just want to see if I can help him fix that.
Thanks for any and all help or info!
Sponsored

thatwhiteSi

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
People have plasti dipped the grille and chrome over the doors. I would just buy an aftermarket grille. I am not a fan of plasti dip and think it is just straight ghetto looking.

RelapseZ

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have plastidipped my own chrome grill actually. Very possible to get good results without removing it. I've actually been wanting to dip the chrome on the doors and i'm wondering as well if anyone knows the best way to do it.

I wanted to do the Pearl plastidip on the grill but I couldn't find it anywhere in stores and I wasn't ordering it online but I got a few coats on here and it came out good.
Honda Civic 10th gen ?'s for you guys who have used plastidipt 1511272170777692645646-01

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have plastidipped my own chrome grill actually. Very possible to get good results without removing it. I've actually been wanting to dip the chrome on the doors and i'm wondering as well if anyone knows the best way to do it.

I wanted to do the Pearl plastidip on the grill but I couldn't find it anywhere in stores and I wasn't ordering it online but I got a few coats on here and it came out good.
1511272170777692645646-01.jpeg
Looks great, my car is black so it will look good I think. Did you use the glossifier on it, I can't tell from the lighting.

_my.ko

First Name
myko
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The less coats you do, the harder it is to remove in the future [in one piece]

If you do 3+ coats evenly sprayed, it will turn out great.

Glossifier is good. Use a few coats of that

Be sure to use painter's tape to prevent overspray

Time and patience is key with the plastidip process

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks guys! When I do the civic badge on the rear, am I going to have to separate the part ill be peeling from the civic logo itself? I've seen guys just pulling away on it and thinking it will just pull off the civic badge right with it.

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

1511272170777692645646-01.jpeg
auto zone carriers the pearl and many other colors

RelapseZ

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks great, my car is black so it will look good I think. Did you use the glossifier on it, I can't tell from the lighting.
Thanks, I didn't use any glossifier because it matches the bottom half of the grill which is already a matte finish so I wanted the plastic dip to match.

RelapseZ

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks guys! When I do the civic badge on the rear, am I going to have to separate the part ill be peeling from the civic logo itself? I've seen guys just pulling away on it and thinking it will just pull off the civic badge right with it.
nope! It'll peel right at the edge of what you want and leave it nice and even, assuming you do it correctly and spray multiple coats. It's tedious but when it's finished it will look great!

relentlessX

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan
1. I think its very possible. I tried it for the first time with my rear badges this past weekend and they turned out good. Also did a portion of the front grill with good results.
2. I tried the glossifier on a portion of the front grill and actually like how it turned out since I didnt want the chrome in the front to be flat black. See below.
3. Not sure. You may be able to hide it if you build up enough layers, but dont know since Im a first timer with this stuff.

First attempt at plastidip. Pretty easy to do. Did 5 coats here for the rear emblems.
Honda Civic 10th gen ?'s for you guys who have used plastidipt IMG_E4107.JPG

Wanted to see how plastidip with glossifier would look. Turned out better than I though. Already removed it so I can do the entire grill in black with glossifier this weekend.
Honda Civic 10th gen ?'s for you guys who have used plastidipt grill_di

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1. I think its very possible. I tried it for the first time with my rear badges this past weekend and they turned out good. Also did a portion of the front grill with good results.
2. I tried the glossifier on a portion of the front grill and actually like how it turned out since I didnt want the chrome in the front to be flat black. See below.
3. Not sure. You may be able to hide it if you build up enough layers, but dont know since Im a first timer with this stuff.

First attempt at plastidip. Pretty easy to do. Did 5 coats here for the rear emblems.
IMG_E4107.JPG

Wanted to see how plastidip with glossifier would look. Turned out better than I though. Already removed it so I can do the entire grill in black with glossifier this weekend.
grill_dip.jpg
It looked great, think I'll defiantly use the glossifier. Gonna do my emblems in lava red :)
Honda Civic 10th gen ?'s for you guys who have used plastidipt Pearlizer_Red_Lava_394a6255-1cd7-42f6-bf6c-2cd0002d067e_670x670_crop_center