For you guys who change your own oil....

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is it possible to get the civic up on car ramps? I haven't tried yet, but it looks like my front bumper is so low that it's gonna hit the ramps on the way up.
Sponsored

JMT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is it possible to get the civic up on car ramps? I haven't tried yet, but it looks like my front bumper is so low that it's gonna hit the ramps on the way up.
Back in the late 80's and early 90's when I had Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme and a Pontiac Grand Prix I used my grandfathers ramps to do oil changes. He took the ramps back and has since passed away so perhaps my uncle has the ramps. That being said I see no reason why you could not do an oil change if you had ramps. I plan on doing full synthetic oil and Millennium Honda will do the first 3 oil changes free of charge. Maybe in 2019 I will consider doing my own oil changes.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Very possible, my sport 6 speed went up Rhino brand plastic ramps with no scraping, the oil change was very easy because of that.

Honda Civic 10th gen For you guys who change your own oil.... photo_2017-06-17_16-31-39

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean blue EX hatch has joined my 2016 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
I drive mine up on them regularly, I drive a lot so I change my oils frequently.

HayaiKuruma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatchback EX
Country flag
I simple lay some 2x10's in front of my steel ramps. No way I'm using plastic ramps, ever.

jks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RSX
Country flag

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean blue EX hatch has joined my 2016 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
Maybe they used them wrong, and didn't have them on a flat surface.
I've had mine for years, pull my Nissan Titan and Dodge ram on them and all my cars, I go through a lot of vehicles with my job, no ramp problems ever

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been DIY since 2003 and not only I dont want to spend money on ramps but I don't trust myself. LOL

Should have I admitted that. LOL
Sponsored