First Name
Timon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Hi Civicx,

I just bought a 2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, and will be picking it up tomorrow. I plan to keep the car for long-term (10+ years, Canada), and would like to rust-proof it. I did some research, and the most most popular option is Krown. I am not the biggest fan of them drilling holes into the panels...even if I cannot see it.

I know a car mechanic who does it by removing the panels and then spray. Is that a good option? I can either do the entire car that way or just do the bottom.
Sponsored

absolude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KW SC 2007 CSX Type S, 2023 PWP Si
Country flag
The best option seems to be Corrosion Free. Down side is not many places do it beside Canadian Tire.
I was planning to do that ruberized black coat and after a few years spray some oil based product to seep into the cracks but the weather was bad so had to go with Corrosion Free alone.

absolude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KW SC 2007 CSX Type S, 2023 PWP Si
Country flag
The guy who do the job is more important then the product .
I will not go at Canadian Tire for a rustproofing ,neither mechanic job
unsatisfactory-experience-corrosion-free-rustproofing-canadian-tire-1402921
You are perfectly right. The guy who did it for me said he's not spraying into the rear quarter and also didn't do inside the front doors. I pointed it to him and he barely did the rear ones. For the front doors I couldn't find the holes at the bottom.
I'll go for a touch up this fall somewhere else.
Sponsored