Refreshed 2020 Civic Si

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
One little change I wish Honda implemented for the 2020 model that would have put a big smile on my face would have been adding the Si logo on the bottom of the steering wheel (you know, like every other generation Si before it). Its the little things that can make a car feel special you know.

Miss it in my 9th gen

Honda Civic 10th gen Refreshed 2020 Civic Si honda-civic-si-coupe-2014_005
Sponsored

Jonvolution

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen LX (MT)
Country flag
IMO nearly every bit of this refresh is a home run. Iā€™m reading lots of complaints about the bumpers. I have a ā€˜19 sedan, I despise the giant fake vents on the back, theyā€™re flat and look like something Kia would do on an $18,000 ā€œsportyā€ car. Might as well slap giant reflectors in them. The fact the new ones are sunk in on an angle just looks so much cleaner IMO. The coupes have always looked great but the sedan is an eyesore. Still donā€™t understand why Honda didnā€™t just install real plastic vents instead. Donā€™t even get me started on the spoiler connected to the deck lid for the brake light. Bummed they didnā€™t change that to match the coupe.

The LED headlights have been refined to work better than ever, they wonā€™t be blinding and it helps provide such a clean view in the dark. Theyā€™re also more aesthetically pleasing when looking at the front of the car. Thatā€™s a win to me.

The sensing is heaven for road trips. The day after I got my car I had to leave it with the dealer because the grille and beauty cover werenā€™t fastened properly from the factory and would just float so they gave me an EX-T rental. Drove from Columbus Ohio to Cleveland and back and felt like I died and went to road trip heaven. To those saying ā€œI donā€™t like it, it takes away from what the Si isā€, how about donā€™t use it? Lol. My hometown is 3 1/2 hours from Columbus, I visit 6-7 times a year, long flat highways donā€™t tickle my fancy for racing, especially with the largest state highway patrol in the country at large, give me that sensing package baby.

The wheels ehh, I love the look of the ā€˜19 wheels, the only thing the new ones have them beat by is the ā€˜smokeā€™ color. So I could live without those.

The red on the seats. Wish it was vibrant and solid but Iā€™ll take it. I feel as if Iā€™m the only one here saying that. Why? Because the 17-19 Si seats are nothing more than darker LX seats with ā€œSiā€ stitched in them. IMO the Si should ALWAYS be a huge leap from everything else as itā€™s a top tier model with more than lame cruising in mind. Same goes with the red dash trim = love it. My fiancĆ© has a ā€˜19 EX-T and aside from the ā€œSiā€ in my seats and fake carbon fiber trim the interior is damn near identical, I donā€™t like that, makes me feel like I got jipped. I want my car to stand out inside and out for what it is, not blend in with the rest with 4 letters of seat stitching, especially since I paid $4,000 more for my car than she did.

The fake exhaust sounds annoy me in any car. If I wanted to hear that Iā€™d play Gran Turismo through my surround sound.

The final drive tweak. Iā€™ll need hands on reviews before I can make the call on that. I think both sides of the argument here have merit and will be something that always remains a matter of opinion as everyone likes driving differently.

All in all Iā€™m liking what Iā€™m seeing a lot and am having some buyers remorse given that I just bought my car THREE weeks ago. Call me crazy but I went to my dealer the second I heard the news and told them I wanted to look into the numbers when they hit the lot. If I can swap my car for a 2020 at the price Iā€™m paying now ($285/mo with $0 down...ehh. Though I will probably have to wait until fall when more of them arrive) I will likely do so. Iā€™m loving my car but for $700 more I feel like the 2020 is quite a bit more car in a lot of ways. I can also just swap my PRL Cobra and DC 1 piece strut bar over. Again all of this is my opinion but that 2020 is really giving me an itch that I canā€™t scratch...yet.

Last edited:

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
One little change I wish Honda implemented for the 2020 model that would have put a big smile on my face would have been adding the Si logo on the bottom of the steering wheel (you know, like every other generation Si before it). Its the little things that can make a car feel special you know.

Miss it in my 9th gen

honda-civic-si-coupe-2014_005.jpg
You mean like this?

Honda Civic 10th gen Refreshed 2020 Civic Si 20190619_110356

DrToothache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have mixed feelings about all of these changes. I like the wheel color, but I like the 17-19 design more. The red interior trim is a nice add on, I personally never saw the need to add it but I know a lot of Si owners do add it themselves so I think that is a win. The red seats look okay, I would have to see them in person. I think a solid red would have been better. The material design looks better in the gray color in my opinion.

The final drive gear being even shorter is interesting. I feel like my RPMs are already pretty high during highway cruising. I have mixed feelings about that but I think we need to see how itā€™s reviewed before we knock it.

The fake vent changes are not good imo. The general consensus for the fake vents is that they are disliked because they are a large fake black panel, not that they were a honeycomb texture. They really didnā€™t change that, they just added a colored divider to try and mask it while getting rid of the honeycomb design. This makes them look even more fake and more tacky imo. Now they donā€™t match the intercooler grill. If they wanted to fix the fake vent issue then they shouldā€™ve went all or nothing with redesigning the bumper. I am glad that I have a 2018 model for this reason. I also own the coupe, so the rear fake vents werenā€™t a big issue for me like they are on the sedans.

The addition of Honda sensing is fine. I think that it is good for highway drives, and for those who donā€™t like it they can just turn it off. The only thing that would bother me is if it has to be turned off every time you start the car. Is this the case?

The LED headlights are definitely one of the more positive changes. I swapped my halogens for led bulbs, but the design of the Type R / Touring LEDs looks much cleaner.

Overall I think itā€™s a win and if you are looking for a new Si the 2020 is the way to go. I guess time will tell as we still have to see reviews of the new final drive gearing and see how the car looks in real life.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Best $7 on eBay Iā€™ve ever spent!! Love that little CF decal.
Got mine on Amazon, came with the door bowls too for like 8-9 dollars.
Honda Civic 10th gen Refreshed 2020 Civic Si 20190412_174115
Honda Civic 10th gen Refreshed 2020 Civic Si IMG-20190412-WA0029

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
only thing interesting is those headlights

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag

Miss it in my 9th gen

honda-civic-si-coupe-2014_005.jpg
i miss the cabin of my 2015 si. looked very sporty and classy. it was also very driver oriented.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I bought my 2019 Si a couple of weeks ago, not entirely sure if I should have waited. Here's how I feel about this refresh.
I kind of like the new red fabric on the seats
New final gear ratio
Slightly better fake grill inserts(though I would've preferred they got rid of them altogether)
I like the new wheels

Dislike:
Honda sensing
Doesn't look like they added auto-dimming mirrors
Artificial engine sound

Indifferent:
Red trim on dash

SpraykwoN

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Acura ILX A-Spec and looking for a Civic Type-R
Country flag
Honda just may have changed my mind from buying a Type R to getting an Si. These changes are the ones I wanted. Awesome to see.

j_si19

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Coupe Si, 2001 Ford Mustang Cobra
Country flag

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0