Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Can't comment on +45 but I'm running +38 with 275/35 Indy 500 and it has tons of torque steer compared to stock. Not internet mechanic but real-world driver. With that said..my next setup will be +45 and probably 255s.
Interesting. I've also tracked on 18x10 +40 on 265 A052 and didn't notice any torque steer.
Sponsored

Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 NSX, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I have to say 1:34s down to 1:32s at Willow Springs is a blazing fast time. My old race Integra with all the mods in the world did a best ever lap of 1:32.x on race rubber, plus I'm sure that Randy can push it that much harder than me. That a stock Civic (R) can do that out of the box is just amazing. Tire technology has also come a long way. I am uncertain if the track surface has gotten faster over the years, but still really impressive.

Panda-R

First Name
Hiroshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Interesting. I've also tracked on 18x10 +40 on 265 A052 and didn't notice any torque steer.
Torque steer is a mystical beast that doesn't appear every time you touch the throttle. If you're in tune with your car you'll know that beast is there.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Torque steer is a mystical beast that doesn't appear every time you touch the throttle. If you're in tune with your car you'll know that beast is there.
Based off that I am not in tune with my car at all.

OP
OP

EdG

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I am running Mich PS4 265/40R18 on 18 in/9.5 rims with +45. I sometimes forget the torque steer is there. It is easier to recognize it when I switch back to my OEMs. If you don't think you have torque steer with aftermarket rims (like my +45), accelerate aggressively when turning. Then go back to OEMs and do the same. I bet you will notice the difference. You may argue that is not torque steer as I notice it more when turning rather than just going in a straight line. I feel it in a straight line too, but notice fighting the wheel much more when turning while accelerating. I believe it is a torque steer phenomena but could be wrong. I don't think it is a grip issue as I can feel it when going highway speeds when grip shouldn't be an issue.

I like my aftermarket set up (better grip and less scary potholes) but wish I could have found reasonably priced +60 offsets. Just my 2 cents.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I am running Mich PS4 265/40R18 on 18 in/9.5 rims with +45. I sometimes forget the torque steer is there. It is easier to recognize it when I switch back to my OEMs. If you don't think you have torque steer with aftermarket rims (like my +45), accelerate aggressively when turning. Then go back to OEMs and do the same. I bet you will notice the difference. You may argue that is not torque steer as I notice it more when turning rather than just going in a straight line. I feel it in a straight line too, but notice fighting the wheel much more when turning while accelerating. I believe it is a torque steer phenomena but could be wrong. I don't think it is a grip issue as I can feel it when going highway speeds when grip shouldn't be an issue.

I like my aftermarket set up (better grip and less scary potholes) but wish I could have found reasonably priced +60 offsets. Just my 2 cents.
More or less this. A lot of people may not realize the torque steer is there because they just react to it subconsciously. You just counter steer for a split second then never notice it's there. Smoother throttle control will also lower the degree of torque steer as well which a good performance drive is always trying to do anyways. For me, the torque steer is barely there and barely noticeable and kind of just disappears or becomes second nature while driving the car.

Panda-R

First Name
Hiroshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Based off that I am not in tune with my car at all.
Wouldn't doubt it. Some people just don't understand physics but since it's the internet anything is possible.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Wouldn't doubt it. Some people just don't understand physics but since it's the internet anything is possible.
Please shed light oh mighty track god

Panda-R

First Name
Hiroshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Quite ironic because I was sarcastic the entire time.
Lmao. Me too. We not fighting we just putting on a show.

To bring us back on topic, +38 looks so dam good but it's just mediocre for driving feel.

ehCobra

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Civic Type-R
Country flag
Lmao. Me too. We not fighting we just putting on a show.

To bring us back on topic, +38 looks so dam good but it's just mediocre for driving feel.
That makes me feel better. During my super long wait for the Titans to arrive, I kept flirting with the idea of going with a more aggressive offset for the look. Now I see that these wheels with 265/35 PS4S fit so well (at stock height, at least) I have no regrets.

Panda-R

First Name
Hiroshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
That makes me feel better. During my super long wait for the Titans to arrive, I kept flirting with the idea of going with a more aggressive offset for the look. Now I see that these wheels with 265/35 PS4S fit so well (at stock height, at least) I have no regrets.
The look between the +45 and +38 is very minimal. So if I had to do it over again I'll go +45 off the bat. The +38 are super flush so unless you plan to camber or roll they're a tough fit for any lowering springs.

Plus I think titan7 did their homework and +45 must be the best compromise between driving feel and look.

Panda-R

First Name
Hiroshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Quite ironic because I was sarcastic the entire time.
Lmao. I'm still lmao on day two cuz I'm such a dick. Can't believe I missed the sarcasm. Fuk you internet. Fuk you +38.
Sponsored