Possibly new owner

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag
The Honda all weather mats are junk, don't bother. I got 3D Maxpider floor mats and they are awesome. Spray them right off at the car wash and they fit like a glove.
Hmm...I have the honda all weather high wall ones and they seem good to me. What is junk about them? Do they not hold up over time? I hope I didn't waste money on them.

I would definitely recommend the trunk tray. Buy it online to save some money. Once you have the car, join the Facebook owners page. There is a guy on there that owns a dealership and sells accessories to members at cost.
Sponsored

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
I used the all weathers for a bit but they were hideous so i bought and am using some used oem type r mats. I stored my brand new ones. And since the others are used I don't care if they get beatup and dirty.

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
Hmm...I have the honda all weather high wall ones and they seem good to me. What is junk about them? Do they not hold up over time? I hope I didn't waste money on them.

I would definitely recommend the trunk tray. Buy it online to save some money. Once you have the car, join the Facebook owners page. There is a guy on there that owns a dealership and sells accessories to members at cost.
This is not my thread, but: https://www.civicx.com/threads/3d-maxpider-floor-mats-review.13664/

They just fit really well, are thin but super durable, cover very well and wash off so easily that I just don't think the OEM mats compete.

OP
OP
zsak

zsak

First Name
Tej
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Turbo S2000, 2014 SRT Jeep Grand Cherokee , 1998 Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
Well tommorrow we head out to pick up the car after the kids are off school. We should have delivery by Sat and we will load it up on a trailer and drive her back! One cool thing I didn’t know that the dealer did was that they add a free lifetime power train warranty on all new cars. More than likely I’ll never have to use it but nice to know it’s there. This will end up costing me $37k otd with tax included. I am a happy camper! Btw they have a red one as well, I believe same deal.

scoobysnack

First Name
no
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2008 Volvo C30, 2009 Infiniti G37
Country flag
Well tommorrow we head out to pick up the car after the kids are off school. We should have delivery by Sat and we will load it up on a trailer and drive her back! One cool thing I didn’t know that the dealer did was that they add a free lifetime power train warranty on all new cars. More than likely I’ll never have to use it but nice to know it’s there. This will end up costing me $37k otd with tax included. I am a happy camper! Btw they have a red one as well, I believe same deal.
Nice, congrats!

fwiw, my first accessory was the 3D maxpider mats and like some others I did the little Type R emblem mod. You pop the Type R emblems off the factory mats and pop them on the Maxpiders. Takes a few min and looks good.

2nd accessory was the ralley armor flaps. I'm sure you've seen the thread but take a peek if not. Took about 2 hours for me and fair amount of patience and beer.

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
Are you getting it from Walser Honda?

callmedh

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I also got a "free lifetime powertrain warranty". Check on the details and you will find that it is even less likely that you will ever use it. If it is the same as mine, it covers "internally lubricated parts". Fuel injectors? no. Any electrical components? No. It is free, so it is fine. But your engine will have to be dead to use it.

OP
OP
zsak

zsak

First Name
Tej
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
ya I am figuring as much. The bumper to bumper was am additional $2700 which I don't think i will need.
I also got a "free lifetime powertrain warranty". Check on the details and you will find that it is even less likely that you will ever use it. If it is the same as mine, it covers "internally lubricated parts". Fuel injectors? no. Any electrical components? No. It is free, so it is fine. But your engine will have to be dead to use it.

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
Well, did you confirm the actual price with a sale rep there? I actually checked out the both of them in person, and it was listed as MSRP online but it was actually $40K+ in person.

How much are they actually selling it to you for? Because they sent me an email asking for $35999 on the white one in the labor day weekend, after I walked out on the ridiculous $40K tag a week before.

Anyways, hope you good luck and bring home the beautiful white CTR ( one thing solid about the dealer for sure - they didn't let me test drive it...haha )

;)

yes that is the one. I hope they are decent.

OP
OP
zsak

zsak

First Name
Tej
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes the price was the $35,900. How did the car look? They have all of my financing in place with my taxes and such calculated. So far they have been great!

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
The car looked good and the batch should be 16643.

How much they charging u for registration fees and doc fees? Plus tax, how could it be 37k otd?

Yes the price was the $35,900. How did the car look? They have all of my financing in place with my taxes and such calculated. So far they have been great!

OP
OP
zsak

zsak

First Name
Tej
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
$100 doc fee I believe. And we have 3% tax so it will be close I believe. He told me on the phone but can’t exactly remember exact.

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
Oh your tax is way lower than mine, 6.5% here in MN. Registration fees in not there maybe u will do that back in SD, or wavied totally? Then thats about right.

Welcome to MN, and if u need direction to restaurants, feel free to ask! Have a safe trip and remember to post up pics :thumbsup:

$100 doc fee I believe. And we have 3% tax so it will be close I believe. He told me on the phone but can’t exactly remember exact.

OP
OP
zsak

zsak

First Name
Tej
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thank you! We sure will. The kids seem pretty excited. I am sure we will have some registration fees but I’ll be transferring an old tag so shouldn’t be too much. I’m pretty sure the wife is set on doing the whole mall thing on sat lol. Out of curiosity did you get a R as well?
Sponsored