Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
I put a deposit down two days ago. At the moment no accessories. I really want the carbon fiber interior package and the mats but will do it slowly. New wheels will be first on the agenda. I will check the other items as well. Thanks again
Get all the door and interior lights too.
Sponsored

OP
OP
zsak

zsak

First Name
Tej
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Turbo S2000, 2014 SRT Jeep Grand Cherokee , 1998 Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
Well almost done signing for the one at Walser.

OP
OP
zsak

zsak

First Name
Tej
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I believe so, I hadn’t had a chance to look at that. The irony is the hotel I booked for tonite is right next door to the other Honda dealer. Maybe the sales guy will realize he should have called me back faster.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Congrats and Enjoy. The car is totally a blast to drive even coming from a S2000.
I ended up selling the S for another car a few months back but I did have the S2 along with the CTR for a while. That car dwarfs the S2000.
Yes Hondata would be good but I think I’m keeping this car all stock sans wheels and maybe springs. I made the mistake of modifying my s2k so much that there was no turning back lol.
My motor in the S was no where near modified as your is but I have to agree with you. Don't want to go through the same "mistake" again so I don't think i'll go too crazy on the two cars I have now lol.

Z06_Pilot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR #15484 | Corvette Z06's | Toyota Tundra #2, | Mini Cooper Countryman Works edition | Can-Am Spyder | Ducati X-Diavel
Country flag

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
OH, that's a pair of very nice garage-mates.....congratulations !
He's clearly a man of refinement and taste

Congrats on the car OP

If you're looking for 18x9.5 rims, depends on your budget. People like the Titan7 Forged wheel, which you can get for about $1800 a set shipped. I think they look sharp. Konig Ampliform is what I went with, it is 18x9.5 +35 offset. It is much cheaper ($800 easy a set) and about 19 lbs a rim so very light.

Last edited:

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
The Konig look pretty slick!! Do they clear all calibers and did you notice any "steering torque" after the change?

He's clearly a man of refinement and taste

Congrats on the car OP

If you're looking for 18x9.5 rims, depends on your budget. People like the Titan7 Forged wheel, which you can get for about $1800 a set shipped. I think they look sharp. Konig Ampliform is what I went with, it is 18x9.5 +35 offset. It is much cheaper ($800 easy a set) and about 19 lbs a rim so very light.

OP
OP
zsak

zsak

First Name
Tej
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thank you everyone! I was finally able to drive the for 20 miles today in traffic and in comfort mode. This thing feels so refined on our rough roads.
I am loving it. I can tell this car will be something special that so many here already know. I honestly think it rides better than my wife’s SRT Jeep. I can’t wait to really drive this thing!
As for the wheels I am wanting something that will look good (right offset semi aggressive for 265/35/18) but can take a bit of a beating as they will be my winter wheels and I may make them my summer wheels eventually. I have a set of Work XT7 from my old Evo X which I would love to use but the offset is way too low at +20 and bolt pattern is wrong too. I need to look up the Titans. I have not seen the konig yet but will check them out. I also like the new Rsr wheels but still up there in price. I think I need to figure out what is best compromise offset for my liking.

OP
OP
zsak

zsak

First Name
Tej
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks! Me and my S has had a long history. I made the mistake in selling it back in 2011 and regretted that day. Luckily the car stayed in town and I eventually bought the car back two years later however by that time it was hailed out, and had a blown engine. I worked on the car for two years from ground up. My friend and I removed the engine and had it shipped to get it rebuilt both head and bottom end, then I had replaced the turbo kit with a Full Race Efr 7064 internal wastgate kit tuned on a aem infinity using flex fuel. We then replaced the hood, fenders, trunk, roof, bumpers and got it all repainted to factory specs. At that time I also changed our eye suspension to ohlins so the ride would be more street compliant. This car took some time and a bit of money but I am keeping her till I die and want to give it to my sons as a heirloom. It’s about the memories more than the car! Sorry for being long winded but ya love the s2k :)
That was for boosted 180 quote.

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
Thank you everyone! I was finally able to drive the for 20 miles today in traffic and in comfort mode. This thing feels so refined on our rough roads.
I am loving it. I can tell this car will be something special that so many here already know. I honestly think it rides better than my wife’s SRT Jeep. I can’t wait to really drive this thing!
As for the wheels I am wanting something that will look good (right offset semi aggressive for 265/35/18) but can take a bit of a beating as they will be my winter wheels and I may make them my summer wheels eventually. I have a set of Work XT7 from my old Evo X which I would love to use but the offset is way too low at +20 and bolt pattern is wrong too. I need to look up the Titans. I have not seen the konig yet but will check them out. I also like the new Rsr wheels but still up there in price. I think I need to figure out what is best compromise offset for my liking.
I struggled with offset for a while. Stock wheel is 8.5" wide and +60mm offset. For a 9.5" wide, you'd want about a +45mm offset to get roughly the same dimensions. I believe VMR might make a wheel that is 9.5" wide and +45mm offset, but you'll have to confirm fitment.

General consensus is that +35 is fine with 9.5" wide wheels (or even 8.5" or 8" wide). In the end, we're talking about 10mm, or less than half an inch. It's going to matter, but the question is whether it's going to matter enough. I'm willing to give these wheels a shot - if the offset is a huge problem, I'll just switch back to my 20"s.

Superfly

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R / 2018 Civic Si Sedan / 2018 Civic Si Coupe / 2018 Acccord 2.0 Touring / 2001 S2000
Country flag
Congrats!

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Thanks! Me and my S has had a long history. I made the mistake in selling it back in 2011 and regretted that day. Luckily the car stayed in town and I eventually bought the car back two years later however by that time it was hailed out, and had a blown engine. I worked on the car for two years from ground up. My friend and I removed the engine and had it shipped to get it rebuilt both head and bottom end, then I had replaced the turbo kit with a Full Race Efr 7064 internal wastgate kit tuned on a aem infinity using flex fuel. We then replaced the hood, fenders, trunk, roof, bumpers and got it all repainted to factory specs. At that time I also changed our eye suspension to ohlins so the ride would be more street compliant. This car took some time and a bit of money but I am keeping her till I die and want to give it to my sons as a heirloom. It’s about the memories more than the car! Sorry for being long winded but ya love the s2k :)
That was for boosted 180 quote.
haha I know what you mean.
I had the S for 8 years and the last few years it was only driven like 100 miles a year and my one car garage didn't help when I purchased the CTR. (The CTR got the garage)

After almost a year of it sitting outside in the california sun, I just decided to sell it before the condition of the car got worse. I still do miss it and you know what people say about the S2s. "They always come back." so who knows I may be back lol.

Enjoy the CTR though. It will surprise you how well the car is built! I was going to say the mid range torque will surprised you coming from the S but you are turbo so maybe not lol :p
Sponsored