9xArtanisx9

inactive account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
so today, i was driving casually to work. My cars running fine, nothing wrong. As i pulled into the parking lot going around 15mph, my car stalls. (I have a 2017 civic hatch sport cvt) when it stalled, the oil light and battery light came on when it stalled and i had my foot off the gas letting it coast. I just stopped and restarted the car and it was fine. Any reason why a car would do this?
Sponsored

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
so today, i was driving casually to work. My cars running fine, nothing wrong. As i pulled into the parking lot going around 15mph, my car stalls. (I have a 2017 civic hatch sport cvt) when it stalled, the oil light and battery light came on when it stalled and i had my foot off the gas letting it coast. I just stopped and restarted the car and it was fine. Any reason why a car would do this?
Oil light and battery light coming on when it stalled is normal.
How many miles on the car and has it been serviced recently?
Most likely cause is a loose ground, connector, or possibly battery cable connection.

OP
OP
9xArtanisx9

9xArtanisx9

inactive account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oil light and battery light coming on when it stalled is normal.
How many miles on the car and has it been serviced recently?
Most likely cause is a loose ground, connector, or possibly battery cable connection.
I need to service it soon. I can easily reconnect the batter cables. It happened once, but I'm curious why it did it.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I need to service it soon. I can easily reconnect the batter cables. It happened once, but I'm curious why it did it.
The reply was to see if anyone had been under the hood or messing with the electricals. Loose or miss-reconnected cables are a prime suspect when things like this happen. What has changed recently?

OP
OP
9xArtanisx9

9xArtanisx9

inactive account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The reply was to see if anyone had been under the hood or messing with the electricals. Loose or miss-reconnected cables are a prime suspect when things like this happen. What has changed recently?
Most likely a loose battery cable. I took it off while installing a BOV so that might be the reason.

Mojo92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R
Country flag
Most likely a loose battery cable. I took it off while installing a BOV so that might be the reason.
That's not why lol this is literally the 5th time I've seen this now. I'm not gonna even ask what BOV you have cause I'm pretty sure i know lol take it off it does nothing but hurt our cars.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's not why lol this is literally the 5th time I've seen this now. I'm not gonna even ask what BOV you have cause I'm pretty sure i know lol take it off it does nothing but hurt our cars.
Yep, its your blow off valve, take that crap off now. Its causing you to run rich which caused your stall

kingbudd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic Si, 1994 Dodge Stealth RT/TT, 2016 Infiniti Q50, 2017 Cadillac XT5, and 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Like stated, its most likely from the bov. However, if it is recirculated, then I would doubt it is from the bov. If you have it set to open, then you are running rich which caused the stall. If you want to keep the bov, run it so it recirculates.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
9xArtanisx9

9xArtanisx9

inactive account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well after seeing the responses, I removed my bov.
Sponsored