Planning On Doing Uber With Touring

Molatte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Hey,

I was wondering, since it didn't show up on search, is anyone here using their Civic for Uber/Lyft? I'm planning on using my Touring to do Uber.

It won't be a full-time gig, just something that I'm planning to do on my days off. I'll probably avoid late night hours to reduce the chances of getting someone to throw up in my leather seat.

But anyways, opinions/advice please.
Sponsored

Alejoviejo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Cadillac CTS, 2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
If you got the ivory interior like in my Touring, Godspeed to you sir

Reactions: jms

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Civic EX, 2016 Civic EX
Might also want to invest in door sill covers, put a garbage bag around the passenger seat, have tissues available and i'd wipe down the leather after every shift.

Pchilnsf415

Put as much protection in and on your car as you can.Not everyone that uses Uber/lyft are careful. I pick cars up everyday that people use for Uber/lyft and the back seat area is all dirty and scratched.

ballhog409

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX-L
I've been Ubering with my EX-L for 6 months. This is what I have gotten to help protect me and my car:
  1. Honda back seat cover (around $200). Had a couple of pukers. Seat covers are a MUST.
  2. All weather floor mats (weathertec or Husky)
  3. Window deflectors
  4. 2 way dash cam
  5. Phone mount
  6. Tactical flash light
  7. Pepper spray
  8. Rideshare insurance rider
If you don't need the extra money, I would suggest that you don't drive for Uber. It's a minimum-wage job and you are taking additional risks to be on the road. There is a good forum of Uber drivers. Check it out before you start driving. Good luck!

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
I've been Ubering with my EX-L for 6 months. This is what I have gotten to help protect me and my car:
  1. Honda back seat cover (around $200). Had a couple of pukers. Seat covers are a MUST.
  2. All weather floor mats (weathertec or Husky)
  3. Window deflectors
  4. 2 way dash cam
  5. Phone mount
  6. Tactical flash light
  7. Pepper spray
  8. Rideshare insurance rider
If you don't need the extra money, I would suggest that you don't drive for Uber. It's a minimum-wage job and you are taking additional risks to be on the road. There is a good forum of Uber drivers. Check it out before you start driving. Good luck!
Uber has a $250 bonus code when setting up..

Lyft has a $200, $500 and $750 bonus must use code when you sign up and then give x number of rides in x number of days..

If you google search lyft and then go to youtube it will pop up as the advert.. I got the $200 constantly.. Then i did part of the setup of my account and stopped.. Then when i went to youtube it gave me the $500 bonus constantly and inffrequently the $750 advert wich if you clicked the link wpuld autofill the promo on there site... Might be able to just google search the codes..

Just a pointer to get a nice bonus.. Once i set mine up i plan to just find a high traffic city for lyft to be able to bang out the rides for the bonus.. I think its 60 rides in 30 days...

Sucks about 2 years ago i think... If you gave 1 person 1 ride you got 1k or 2k.. No strings attached.. But they only did it for 1 day..

WCELingad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan in Crystal Black Pearl
Country flag
I drive for uber and lyft almost like a full time job since my main job is only 3 days a week but 12 hours a shift so 36 hours total. For the rest of the week I have 4 days off so I just drive all day for uber and lyft and my recommendation is get a weathertech floormats but instead of getting seat covers like I used to have just buy vomit bags I carry about 10 of them in my car and I can easily pull them out and hand to a rider should they feel like throwing up. Luckily, I have not had any passenger throw up in my car so it's been good for me and no issues at all so far. Late night hours is where you will make the most money however it will also be the most dangerous time to drive for uber and lyft because you will get some crazy passengers out there so it's more of a double edge. I have two cameras installed on my windshield one facing the road and one facing the inside of the car. I hate those 2 way dash cam and I rather much prefer having 2 separate cameras. I also carry multiple USB cords for both android and iphone and always ask my passengers if they would like to charge their phone before I begin each trip. I have a 6 way jack port that connects to the main car jack and I have 2 cameras connected there and a car charger with 5 USB slots which are hooked up with 2 android and 3 iphone USB cables. All I get are compliments about my car whenever I get a PAX and they are almost always surprised about the car especially the looks. I am a 4.9 lyft driver and a 4.94 uber driver.

kirkhilles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Cosmic Blue
I cannot speak from experience, but my concern would be the higher depreciation of the Touring if you start logging in significant miles. If it were me and I started doing it on a serious basis, I'd probably look at getting something like an LX or EX at highest to keep depreciation to a minimum.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd plastic wrap the entire backseat, door panels, windows, etc.

People be nasty.
Exactly why I'll never do it. I can find other ways to make extra money.

Andy123az

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura MDX Tech, 2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Problem with the leather seats in the Civic is that they tend to crease and wrinkle, especially in the back seats. After being sat in, those back seats will start to look horrendous. I rarely have anyone in my backseat and the seats already have enough wrinkles. Photo of an example is attached. I just found the photo on a used car ad.

Honda Civic 10th gen Planning On Doing Uber With Touring IMG_2126.JPG
Sponsored