First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Hatchback 6MT
Country flag
Hello,

I took off my intercooler recently to respray the PRL logo. I had the intercooler leaning up against a wall and noticed a little trail of oil dripping down from the tank. It is a little bit lighter than just oil alone, but I can't determine what it might have mixed with. Possibly fuel. I flushed the intercooler and let it dry out and put it back on.

Checked my PCV and couldn't hear any shake. Ordered new PCV, I am wondering if this crap could be blowby getting into the intake and condensing in the tank as a result of the PCV being stuck open?

Car runs great on KTuner 21psi, but most of the time I am driving on stock boost. 0.49 kc after warmed up and runs very smooth. Builds full boost, no indicators of anything wrong. PRL race intake, intercooler, stock turbo. Summer weather between 60 and 85 every day, mostly highway miles with spirited drives here and there.

Hopefully the new PCV will fix this. Any input would help!
Sponsored

LBP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Very likely that is just condensed vapor from the crankcase ventilation. The same stuff that would get trapped in an oil catch can. I don't think that your PCV valve is defective, going by what you've said, instead it sounds like a byproduct of normal operation. If you are very concerned about it, a catch can would probably mitigate most of it.

It might not even be coming from the PCV, but the CCV, since that feeds right into the TIP prior to the bend into the turbo. IIRC the PCV feeds into the intake manifold.

Last edited:

speedyserg

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
Air/oil separator works well and allows the oil back into the system while allowing the air to escape.

Catch cans just fill up with muddy oil and require more maintenance to empty while exposing the system to running low on oil depending on how big the can is.

Quite a few designs out there but a good air/oil separator should cut down on blow by alot - I'm looking at them as I'm running 32psi 600whp and know my system needs one pretty bad 😆

Even stock tho it's a good idea to keep the valves cleaner and reduce carbon buildup. They aren't cheap but if you want to keep the car forever its worth thr investment IMO

Cheers.
Sponsored