Oil smell in cabin when car is warm

Stock_07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
I noticed that it seems like my car has a exhaust leak or a oil leak somewhere. No oil drips on driveway and only happens sometimes when the car is warm and the heater is on. I also can smell it in the engine bay toward the back where the manifold is.

There is no signs of an oil leak or a exhaust leak. This really bothers me considering this car has only 2000K.

The best way to describe the smell is what a turbo catch can would give off. BTW mine is the n/a 2.0L
Sponsored

chokesmaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic LX Manual 2016
Country flag
If it happen when you drive it hard a bit it might be some factory coating around the exhaust that is burning away. I had some weird smell when driving it a bit hard but it eventually went away. ( I also have the 2.0L )

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed that it seems like my car has a exhaust leak or a oil leak somewhere. No oil drips on driveway and only happens sometimes when the car is warm and the heater is on. I also can smell it in the engine bay toward the back where the manifold is.

There is no signs of an oil leak or a exhaust leak. This really bothers me considering this car has only 2000K.

The best way to describe the smell is what a turbo catch can would give off. BTW mine is the n/a 2.0L
Yeah keep driving it and the smell should be gone by the time you hit 5000kms or so.

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had the same smell as well when I would push it past 4500 rpm but now I have some miles on it the smell is gone. I wouldn't worry.