NX211

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Nice! Is it necessary to switch the springs for 18 inch wheel setup? I am newbie when it comes to these kind of things so please pardon my ignorance.
Here are some before pictures. To be honest I bought the wheels before I had the car in hand knowing I was going to change them out. I talked to some car friends and watched videos on the matter... And the consensus is they go hand in hand. They describe it as a "high-water" (like pants) look if you don't.... So i bought the springs. (6-10 week wait for the spoon springs)

But!!! With all that said after I put the tires on I thought it looked pretty good. The gap was normal (I thought) and not to large. The same friends said the same. When i actually compared the size of stock rim/tire vs my tire/rim setup the diameter difference was 1/4" or 5mm. So very subtle. And I thought ? well I could of saved $580 plus install.

Then I got them in and installed then the next day (chewerks-in The city of Industry) $800 for springs, rigid collars, and alignment. Was quoted much much much higher from other shops!

And i really like the look! Glad I did it. But i honestly could have gone either way. A little more tricky/careful in some entrances/driveways.

The ride quality is good and can't tell any negative difference. Seems to mirror stock ride quality (have only driven in sport so far).

18's may be different depending on your tire size. Slightly larger gap. Check tire calculator. Also ensure your setup won't rub by comparing others on this forum. I didn't want to do any mods other than the normal cut off a bit of the bump stock.

So i would end it with its really all down to what your preference is and if you do it..your going to be more careful in and out of some places.

Honda Civic 10th gen Official 2020 Boost Blue Type R Picture Thread 20200702_132510

Honda Civic 10th gen Official 2020 Boost Blue Type R Picture Thread 20200627_132430

Honda Civic 10th gen Official 2020 Boost Blue Type R Picture Thread 20200627_132424

Honda Civic 10th gen Official 2020 Boost Blue Type R Picture Thread 20200708_200350

NX211

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
And when my wife was following me back from the install she called me to warn me a cop was following me in my blind-spot for several miles. Straight profiling my blue car!

NX211

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
@NX211 should of got the oem clears..only $50 or so. Perfect fitment for me
Still thinking about it. I like the options and LED look of the SUMA. Might just do a soft fit and if they don't look good I'll donate them to my neighbor and get the OEM. Are they the European OEM?

Coqui

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Boost Blue
Country flag
@NX211 these below in ebay link..watch vid on how to make the bulb socket work. Price has gone up some. I paid like 57 shipped. They do come from overseas so will take few weeks maybe. But oem fit, other than very minor mod to socket. No condensation in mine when I wash.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/372510102734